betta fish

Old 11-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #15611 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Our dog is annoying.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #15612 
Sena Hansler

Well think of it this way. When I was with Dean, he made me rehome my dog. It hurt to do that. Then HE left me, stranded me without my family or friends nearby. All I wanted in the world was my best friend. And I gave him up for a fake friend :( I had never felt so alone, scared or unwanted in my life. It was literally, a pure loneliness and fear that was cold and ate away at me.

If I ever get another dog, that is MY dog. If I am to be screwed over, well my dog will be there as my friend, as my companion - the only one who gets me, understands me, and loves unconditionally. I will never give up something I hold dear, for anyone or anything. If someone were to offer me 10 million dollars to give up my dog I'd call them a foolish idiot for pricing emotions.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #15613 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I can price emotion. How about this if someone offered to take your dog from you and it would be used for things like helping the disabled would you give it up?
Old 11-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #15614 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I can price emotion. How about this if someone offered to take your dog from you and it would be used for things like helping the disabled would you give it up?
No I would not. My dog is bonded with me. She would be miserable if she was not with me. I'd not take 1 million gazillion dollars for her. She is my soulmate. That is like someone ripping your soul out.

In the past you have suggested your Bettas are your most valued possesions. Would you give them up Chocolate? Especially if you don't know how the next person might care for them?
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #15615 
LittleBettaFish

I couldn't imagine re-homing any of my dogs or cats unless I was in dire circumstances. Even then, I have a network of people who would probably help out until I could get back on my feet if anything like that did happen.

I could understand if she was homeless and has children to look after that animals would then come secondary to them, but for someone like me who is single and has no other responsibilities, my animals are like my family.

We had a situation come up where our very promising show puppy who was blitzing all the classes she was entered in, suddenly got diagnosed as having hip dysplasia. The amount of people who told my mum she should get her put down or get rid of her simply blew me away.

We would never in a million years get rid of an animal like that. It has always sickens me when I see retired breeding b.itches selling for a pittance on free classified sites after they have given their best year to their owners. I mean I am sure that there are just hundreds of homes lining up to give these poor old girls a home.

Last edited by LittleBettaFish; 11-22-2012 at 04:05 PM.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #15616 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I was not pricing your dog I was wondering if say a very deppressed person bonded with your dog and your dog was his only reason to live would you give the dog to him? I would.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #15617 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I couldn't imagine re-homing any of my dogs or cats unless I was in dire circumstances. Even then, I have a network of people who would probably help out until I could get back on my feet if anything like that did happen.

I could understand if she was homeless and has children to look after that animals would then come secondary to them, but for someone like me who is single and has no other responsibilities, my animals are like my family.

We had a situation come up where our very promising show puppy who was blitzing all the classes she was entered in, suddenly got diagnosed as having hip dysplasia. The amount of people who told my mum she should get her put down or get rid of her simply blew me away.

We would never in a million years get rid of an animal like that. It has always sickens me when I see retired breeding b.itches selling for a pittance on free classified sites after they have given their best year to their owners. I mean I am sure that there are just hundreds of homes lining up to give these poor old girls a home.
I agree my mom doesnt give up with me no matter how much help I need help the dog deserves the chance too.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #15618 
LittleBettaFish

CB no I would not give the dog to him. Relying on a dog like that is not healthy and that person should be seeking professional help to deal with their issues. Also, who is to say your dog isn't going to end up abandoned or mistreated if the person in question is suffering through a particularly bad patch. Some people struggle to look after themselves when depressed, how are they going to look after my dog properly?
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #15619 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am depressed and I take that offensivly. If you dog could help someone in need why not let them help them?
Old 11-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #15620 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
CB no I would not give the dog to him. Relying on a dog like that is not healthy and that person should be seeking professional help to deal with their issues. Also, who is to say your dog isn't going to end up abandoned or mistreated if the person in question is suffering through a particularly bad patch. Some people struggle to look after themselves when depressed, how are they going to look after my dog properly?
Trust me the help for Deppression these days is terrible and ineffective.

Tags
bettathanyou