Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #7701 
Sparrowhawk

Falkor's home after a complete change of scenery:

(Removed the background in case it stressed him out, so the back looks a little dodgy until I figure out what will make him happiest)
Attached Images

Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #7702 
Batmantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
(Removed the background in case it stressed him out, so the back looks a little dodgy until I figure out what will make him happiest)
I found backgrounds stressed my guy out too so I put Velcro on the back of my tank and bought a whole bunch of "flat fats" they are bits of material from my local sewing shopping that are used for quilting that happened to be the same size as my tank so I hem them and attach Velcro and switch them around :) I have a pretty Christmas fabric that I'm switching my tanks to for the holiday season and then they are washable in case I spill water or flourish on them :)
Batmantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:15 AM   #7703 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmantha View Post
I found backgrounds stressed my guy out too so I put Velcro on the back of my tank and bought a whole bunch of "flat fats" they are bits of material from my local sewing shopping that are used for quilting that happened to be the same size as my tank so I hem them and attach Velcro and switch them around :) I have a pretty Christmas fabric that I'm switching my tanks to for the holiday season and then they are washable in case I spill water or flourish on them :)
That's a really awesome idea!

It seems my boy doesn't care whether there's a background there or not as long as he gets time with mummy and daddy, after two days of observation, hehe.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:05 AM   #7704 
stellar981

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurefox View Post
Hello..I just updated my tank..
added Fanwort.. (or Hornwort?) I don't know..maybe I'm wrong..XD
Added Anubias Golden..
and Marimos :)

glady wanna know if anyone have comment/suggestion? please let me know, because this is the first time I have a Betta.. maybe I should fix some..

He's a HalfMoon betta : http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
but I don't know if he's a dragon or not..his scale/fin have a metalic Green gradient.. (but I always can't capture it with my camera..it shows different==")

He was sick, looks like due to stress/too many habitat in there..I move 2 of my Corydoras to another tank, he lives with with 3 octocinclus now... now he's all healthy, and his colour is really vibrant..except when he swim next to the output of the filter =___= I don't know what I should do to not allow him swim next to the output pipe... but looks like he's so stubborn, he keep getting closer to the output pipe.. :/
I was going back through pix, and I really like your setup. Where did u find gravel that white? Ans that vase/hideaway decor? I have been looking forever for something similar! :)
stellar981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #7705 
tellie

Hi, a newbie here from Sunny Manila.

Here's my iQuarium for my very first betta, Tellie. LOL

I don't know if he's a male or a female. I forgot to ask! I'm assuming he's male. This is the tank that I bought. I didn't know much about bettas and I've always seen them in very small tanks in pet stores that's why I bought a small one. (Should have done research first, before buying such a small tank!)

Ater seeing all of your tanks and after realizing he needs more room to live a happy life, Tellie will be upgraded to a finer and bigger suite very, very soon.

Hoping to learn more in here!

Last edited by tellie; 11-24-2012 at 09:39 PM.
tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #7706 
FishyFishy89

I am quite certain you can fill that tank(?) up to about an inch from the top.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #7707 
tellie

I've read it's okay to fill up to 80 percent but Tellie was able to jump out of the container with water around 70 percent level!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #7708 
LebronTheBetta

I was born in the Philippines! :D But not at the Capitol.. You can get a lid. In a 1/2 gallon, ammonia is going to group up really quickly. Especially if it's only 40%-50% high.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #7709 
tellie

You're a Filipino too? Kabayan?

Yeah, I've read about that. It's what I did all night and even today! I'll look later for a bigger tank, live plants, and some accessories so that he'll have places to hide.

I've already added more water last night. It sits about 75 to 80 percent now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I was born in the Philippines! :D But not at the Capitol.. You can get a lid. In a 1/2 gallon, ammonia is going to group up really quickly. Especially if it's only 40%-50% high.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #7710 
irishcreep

In the meantime, you can put some Saran Wrap over the top and poke some holes in it. You can sleep better at night knowing it's covered.
irishcreep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank