Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #1 
Amberedsox

HELP! My betta is dying of some kind of black fuzz on his fins and has extreme bloat!

I have 6 bettas, sorority tank of four females and two males in tanks and my sister brough home the saddest blue veil tail male from wal mart who looked half dead. He had some fuzz on his tail and was super bloated and we got him into a 1 1/2 filtered tank where he has done nothing but deteriorate. The fuzz seemed to get better the first day but now is spreading. I used aquarium salt, melafix and the other med that is used for fungus and bacterial infections. He has been at the bottom of the tank face down but now his eyes are starting to glaze over... I dont know what else to do. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Also happy thansgving! ;/ He has made it four days so far....
Amberedsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #2 
Amberedsox

Sadly when going to check on him right now, he has passed. I tried as hard as i could... To save him from what wal mart did to him....which is more enraging than ever. At least he died in a warm home with owners who loved him instead of a filthy cup....
Old 11-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #3 
DiiQue

Sorrry to hear about the little guy... But you are correct - you gave him a good home during his last days.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:03 AM   #4 
Amberedsox

Thanks so much for the kind words... I just wish i know what i could have done better to care for him! I am scared now to that i could pass it to my other fish! does anyone know what that sounds like besides advanced stages of a bacteria?fungus? So i have been keep hand sanitizer next to their tanks and am soaking his tank his boiling water... So sad... other than that, my ladies are fat and happy, and my gentlemen are gorgeous and i am thankful for that!