Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #51 
Sakura8

Both minocycline and tetracycline have been so overused/misused in the aquarium that many strains of bacteria have built up a resistance, unfortunately. In addition, because minocycline can cause kidney damage, I now try to avoid it whenever possible.

sarav, haha, well Tikibirds has informed me that Betta Revive was discontinued so I'm sorry I misled you there.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #52 
sarav

No big deal! I had to find something to treat him with anyway, even it wasn't the Betta Revive. I just started the API Liquid Fungus Cure. It's a different color then the powdered kind (not as green). Since I have a 2.5 Gal tank, should I empty his tank completely tomorrow night instead of the waiting the 48 hours like the package calls for? For Day 3 it says to change 25%, should I just do 25% or a full tank change again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Both minocycline and tetracycline have been so overused/misused in the aquarium that many strains of bacteria have built up a resistance, unfortunately. In addition, because minocycline can cause kidney damage, I now try to avoid it whenever possible.

sarav, haha, well Tikibirds has informed me that Betta Revive was discontinued so I'm sorry I misled you there.
sarav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #53 
Sakura8

For a 2.5 gal tank, you'll be okay waiting 48 hours. How's he doing?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #54 
sarav

He's doing okay. Swimming around and doing fishy things. I think he really misses his plants and house. I hope I can put them in soon. He really needs somewhere to sleep other than the bottom.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #55 
sarav

Well the first 48 hours of treatment is done and I just changed his water for a new 48 hours. The white spot is still there. Hopefully it will come off tonight.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #56 
sarav

I've finished his treatment and put him in clean, medicine free water. Not sure if I will ever get rid of the spot.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #57 
Sakura8

If it doesn't grow or spread and he is behaving normally (eating, swimming etc), then it could be a harmless discoloration.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #58 
bryanacute

How is Nami?
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote