Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #1 
micky2012

Unhappy Bizarre symptoms, please help!

I've had my betta for about a year, he's always been fairly active and a big eater. Recently he seemed to have some kind of fin rot (they were clumped) so I bought treatment at the local pet store that worked several months ago when he had popeye. This time it didn't seem to do anything but make him more sick. I used the water treatment for five days and he only got more lethargic and refused to eat. His fins didn't get any worse or better. So I stopped using it and kept his bowl and water cleaned and replaced every week, and he perked right up. He started swimming around and eating again, but his fins still looked clumped. This morning I looked at him and he has a large lump on his forehead above his mouth, and has actual holes above his upper lip that go into his mouth. He is extremely lethargic, refuses to eat, and doesn't move except to come to the surface to get a gulp of air. He is having a lot of trouble staying upright when he comes to the surface, and lists to one side when he is just sitting. I thought it might be swim bladder, but I can't find any mention of his other symptoms anywhere. I'm very worried!
micky2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #2 
MistersMom

Oh my Gosh..... I doubt he'll make it tbh sorry but that sounds crazy....I don't even know where to begin....
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #3 
logisticsguy

Do you have a pic because that would help. Maybe look at this page and see if the symptoms match.

http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/columnaris.html
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote