Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #101 
ao
TFK Moderator

they wont feel pain in the same way humans do. but I think in their own little way... they know pain.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #102 
FishyFishy89

Yeah....I'm going to say they feel some sort of pain. There hasn't been a single shrimp that didn't react to a fishing hook being jabbed through their body.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #103 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

People with CIPA cannot feel pain but they still react.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #104 
SinX7

This are "Ghost" Shrimp correct?

SinX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #105 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yes is that there permenet home?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #106 
SinX7

No, just getting the water to the correct temp and letting it get use to the water before I add them to the tank.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #107 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Okay love them.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #108 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinX7 View Post
This are "Ghost" Shrimp correct?
uh pic is too burry.

watch for orange marking on him/her. if there are marking its a ghost shrimp. XD but it does look like one.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #109 
SinX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
uh pic is too burry.

watch for orange marking on him/her. if there are marking its a ghost shrimp. XD but it does look like one.
I had to zoom in on my iPhone because when I took it before the zoom, you can hardly see it lol.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #110 
Fae

So this weekend Petsmart had some nice looking ghost shrimp in so I bought three of them. I could see the orange dots on their tails and their antenna had orange on them, so i was pretty positive that they were indeed ghost shrimp. I read that it is best to quarantine them for a few days, which worked out nicely for me because my fish tank is at work, and I didn't want to put them in there and leave them all weekend. So I took them home and put them in a small container on top of my fridge so they would stay warm. I thought about covering it, but they seemed to be doing pretty well and just swimming around and eating the piece of algae wafer I gave them. At about midnight I decided to go to bed, but went to check on them first. There were only two. The third decided he was an escape artist so I started to frantically look for him hoping I would find him before he dried out or got eaten by a cat. Finally I grabbed a chair to look on top of the fridge and found him.. but it did not look good. The poor little guy was covered in dust and looked all curled up, so I was so sure he was dead. I went to grab him by the tail, but he wasn't dead after all! He jumped and scared me so bad I almost fell off the chair. Quickly I put him back in some water to get the dust off then put him back in with the other two ghosties. He seemed pretty good after that, but appeared to have lost an arm, so I decided to name him Captain Hook. He was definitely a little fighter! Unfortunately, when I woke up in the morning and went to check on them, all three were dead. I was super bummed, and had already grown attached to them, even though I'd only had them for a few short hours. Any idea of what might have happened to them?
Fae is offline   Reply With Quote