Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #1 
DoctorWhoLuver

Hole in the Head?

I have a boatload of problems with my fish... Just yesterday, Morgana started getting bubbles underneath her eyes, not popeye, literally bubbles underneath her eyes. Today, I noticed some scale disc oration on top of Rose's and Versailles ' head. (Both blue) is this hole in the head disease? It doesn't really look like a hole, just weirdly colored.
Attached Images

DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #2 
Kytkattin

I feel like a broken record, but I did some reading and people recommend Vita-chem for hole in the head disease. That being said, I can't help you diagnose. Hopefully someone else will be along soon.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #3 
DoctorWhoLuver

Thank you! As you can probably see, they're in a sorority tank.. I'm going to hold off on vitachem till I'm positive, but I think I may use a light dose of AQ salt. Do you think that's okay?
Old 11-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #4 
kfryman

Just wait on dosing anything. Is there literally a hole? If not it is not hole in the head. I haven't even heard of bettas getting it, usually oscars, but they could still get it.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #5 
DoctorWhoLuver

It's hard to tell, but when I look from the side there doesn't seem to be an indent. Could it just be scale discoloration? I think I'm just getting really paranoid XD
Old 11-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #6 
Kytkattin

Vita-chem is okay to use all the time. It is a supplement, not a medication. Though it can be hard to find, I absolutely swear by it for healthy, robust fish. I also did a google search and found a forum where they discussed the use of vita-chem for hole in the head disease in betta fish just a few days ago, as before that I didn't even know that disease existed!

Honestly, like I said, I don't really know a lot about fish diseases. I don't know how to cure hole in the head disease and if aquarium salt would do anything at all. :(
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote