Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #61 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
yep exact same one.
they took the photo from below so it looks shorter. but adjustable heaters dont really get any smaller than this one :)

it's a good heater. believe me.

and if you want more feedback on the same heater, dragonfish has like 5.... so you can pm him/her and ask
ok awesome! I will have to try it out in a bucket like u suggested in our PM and see ow it does
THANKS!
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #62 
ao
TFK Moderator

yup XD goodluck!
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #63 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Aokashi,

Why don't you lay your heater down horizontally like I do. Once you've adjusted it to the right temperature, you shouldn't have to mess with it. Those Hagen's are pretty reliabe that way.

I don't have to unplug either my heater or my filter when performing pwc's.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #64 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
Aokashi,

Why don't you lay your heater down horizontally like I do. Once you've adjusted it to the right temperature, you shouldn't have to mess with it. Those Hagen's are pretty reliabe that way.

I don't have to unplug either my heater or my filter when performing pwc's.
I did think about it... but the tank is pretty much planted on all sides.... an if you've ever ran a small tank, you'll notice that the heater seems incredible bulky no matter where you put it..... so I have the heater upright.... near the filter intake to provide some circulation.
I dont have a hagen in this tank XD the hagen eleite is actually too tall for this tank T_T

oh and I also took off the suction cups to cut down on bulk. so the heater's basically kept verticle by gravity and the physics of the cord pulling away from it >.>

When I do water changes (as rare as that is) I run a line in and a line out... one from a filled gallon bottle above and one into an empty gallon bottle below. this simultaneous WC method chanes out about 25% of the water whithout lowering the water lever significantly. my fish cant even feel it :P

Last edited by ao; 11-25-2012 at 12:01 AM.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #65 
Hallyx
Reference Team

That's brilliant. I thought of a number of reasons why that wouldn't work, so I never tried it. I will now, though. Thanks.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote