Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2012, 01:08 AM   #11 
sunlight

Hey your bettas are beautiful and l love the tank. How you going to do water changes for them?
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #12 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
Hey your bettas are beautiful and l love the tank. How you going to do water changes for them?
Thank you! So far I have been doing water changes using a gravel vacuum. My last one was 50% and I took 25% from one side and 25% from the other side. It seems to work well except both of them just want to attack the vacuum!! :)
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #13 
sunlight

awww so cute.If you don't cycle your tank i would do more water changes. Usually for 2.5-3 gall you need 1-50 and 1-100% water changes. Some people will even recommend 2x50 and 1-100% water changes a week. Since you have 2 of them in 5 gall ,it like you have 2.5 for each i would really recommend more water changes to prevent future problems:)
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #14 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
awww so cute.If you don't cycle your tank i would do more water changes. Usually for 2.5-3 gall you need 1-50 and 1-100% water changes. Some people will even recommend 2x50 and 1-100% water changes a week. Since you have 2 of them in 5 gall ,it like you have 2.5 for each i would really recommend more water changes to prevent future problems:)
Yep! I'm working on cycling so I am doing 50% water changes two to three times a week. I do have some live plants in there (pothos pieces and a Marimo moss ball) and the tank was started with half of its gravel and water from established tanks so we're on our way! I was planning on doing only one 50% change a week once it's cycled, but do you think I should do two water changes because I have the two fish??
Old 11-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #15 
beacon

Your fish are beautiful! What a huge difference in appearance from when you first got the CT. You take great care of them! Nice pics.
beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #16 
rmarkham

Um... your CT might be mine's twin! Holy cow! Here's mine for comparison:
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #17 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarkham View Post
Um... your CT might be mine's twin! Holy cow! Here's mine for comparison:
Oh wow, they really are almost identical!! I hope mine's fins grow out like yours, he is so good looking!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #18 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
Oh wow, they really are almost identical!! I hope mine's fins grow out like yours, he is so good looking!

I bet he will! Mine was very pale when I brought him home, and I saw such a drastic change in under a month! Here's the tread showing the change I saw: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=118843

We have good taste in fish :)
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #19 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarkham View Post
I bet he will! Mine was very pale when I brought him home, and I saw such a drastic change in under a month! Here's the tread showing the change I saw: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=118843

We have good taste in fish :)
It's funny, because before getting Krycek I'd never seen a betta that looked like him before!

You did a great job with yours, he looks amazing now compared to what he was when you got him. :)
Old 11-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #20 
fgradowski

Wow. Tooms is such a neat color! I've never seen a betta that color before! Very neat.
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote