Betta Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
4K views 45 replies 9 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I Am Thinking Bout Breeding And I Was Wondering If When They Are All Grown Up, How Much Would They Sell For?? Also If Any One Is Interested You Can Adopt Them, No Charge! I Really Want To Keep Them All But I Probably Wouldn't Be Able To Raise 100 Frys!! Let Me Know

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
You All Are Ticking Me Off! Culling- Getting Rid Of Deformed Or Unwanted Colors!! After Mating The Girl Must Be In A Separate Jar To Heal Wounds! When The Fry Is Swimming, Take Out The Male! Feed Micro Worms!!! During Mating- Temp Must Be 78-82 Degrees Fahrenheit!!! Live Plants And Places For The Female To Hide!! No Rocks!! LebronTheBetta, What Is Wrong With Getting Rid Of Unwanted Fish Or What You Said?

#34 · (Edited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta
no no no, Even if it is a female only one in a tank that size. You need at least a ten gallon tank and a minimum of 5-6 females for a sorority. Anything under four they will eventually tear each other up. Female are just as territorial as the males in certain setups and will kill each other. If you want to set up a ten that would be great. I want to break the myth on here that sororiies are scary and won't work. Always remember too that betta's are solitary fish by nature. They don't care if they are alone and they won't get lonely. If you feel they are lonely you CAN try shrimp. Better yet... just a betta mirror for them to look into. You can buy them at petsmart or online.

Quote: i have 2 females in this kind of tank and they have been living there for over a year

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?p=1114427#post1114427 is the link.

like i said i'm not trying to be mean I just think that you really havent looked into what you are doing with betta's in general and that maybe you should do that before you breed and end up with a general minimum of 100 babies to take care of too

#40 ·
oh good lord she didn't threaten you. I suggest you stop communicating with her on the board before you get into trouble
Cap locks is shouting which is threatening.

#37 ·
Everyone, just calm the FISH out! God...
Just let her do what she wants to do. I'm younger than her, I checked your profile, Choc. She's going to do her research, I'm sure she knows better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.