Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #11 
AyalaCookiejar
Member
 
AyalaCookiejar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
I ordered the same one (Hydor Theo 25 watt adjustable, submersible) online yesterday from Petco for my 5.5 gallon tank. It was on sale for $20, but the shipping was free because I ordered a bunch of other stuff along with it.

I read a few reviews of this heater not sufficiently heating tanks even at the highest setting when it is very cold in the room :/ It can get down to 65 degrees in the room he's in. Anyways, I would really love to know how this heater works out for you and anyone else who may have it! I won't have mine for another week or two.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #12 
bamsuddenimpact
Member
 
bamsuddenimpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
On Amazon, The Elite Mini Heater 25 w.. I got it for like 8$ on Amazon- loved it.. Replaced it with a 50w same thing b.c bigger tank and colder room :) Hope this helps And it is adjustable.
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #13 
shinitakin
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
I ordered the same one (Hydor Theo 25 watt adjustable, submersible) online yesterday from Petco for my 5.5 gallon tank. It was on sale for $20, but the shipping was free because I ordered a bunch of other stuff along with it.

I read a few reviews of this heater not sufficiently heating tanks even at the highest setting when it is very cold in the room :/ It can get down to 65 degrees in the room he's in. Anyways, I would really love to know how this heater works out for you and anyone else who may have it! I won't have mine for another week or two.
I have the Hydor for my 1 gallon bowl and it's been working wonderfully. The temperature setting is pretty accurate, usually only off by about 1-2 degrees. :)
shinitakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #14 
AyalaCookiejar
Member
 
AyalaCookiejar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinitakin View Post
I have the Hydor for my 1 gallon bowl and it's been working wonderfully. The temperature setting is pretty accurate, usually only off by about 1-2 degrees. :)
I have heard many good things about the Hydor, indeed. But I think some of the reviews have to do with the size of the tank and the temperature in the room. I have a larger 5.5 gallon tank, and the temperature in the room usually stays at about 68-69 degrees, but will sometimes drop to about 65. But if it doesn't work out, I can always return it and get a different one or a 50watt. I'm just really hoping it does the job because my little DaBaDee is pretty cold right now :(
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #15 
shinitakin
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
I have heard many good things about the Hydor, indeed. But I think some of the reviews have to do with the size of the tank and the temperature in the room. I have a larger 5.5 gallon tank, and the temperature in the room usually stays at about 68-69 degrees, but will sometimes drop to about 65. But if it doesn't work out, I can always return it and get a different one or a 50watt. I'm just really hoping it does the job because my little DaBaDee is pretty cold right now :(
Well, I have the heater set at 80F, and it keeps my water around 78-80F. My tank is certainly smaller than yours but the room temperature here is around 62-64F, haha. I hope everything works out for you!
shinitakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #16 
AyalaCookiejar
Member
 
AyalaCookiejar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinitakin View Post
Well, I have the heater set at 80F, and it keeps my water around 78-80F. My tank is certainly smaller than yours but the room temperature here is around 62-64F, haha. I hope everything works out for you!
Thank you! Hopefully the heater will work just as well for me since our tank size vs. room temp seem to balance each other out. How low/high can you set the heater?
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #17 
sareena79
Member
 
sareena79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsuddenimpact View Post
On Amazon, The Elite Mini Heater 25 w.. I got it for like 8$ on Amazon- loved it.. Replaced it with a 50w same thing b.c bigger tank and colder room :) Hope this helps And it is adjustable.
I cant find that brand in an adjustable, only the preset :(
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #18 
shinitakin
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
Thank you! Hopefully the heater will work just as well for me since our tank size vs. room temp seem to balance each other out. How low/high can you set the heater?
The range of the dials goes from 69-89F. :)
shinitakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #19 
shinitakin
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Oh, and sareena, if you can't find the Elite heater, maybe you could get the Hydor heater (25w) instead. It's on Amazon for just 21 dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-THEO-Sub.../dp/B0006JLPG8
shinitakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #20 
AyalaCookiejar
Member
 
AyalaCookiejar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinitakin View Post
The range of the dials goes from 69-89F. :)
Thank you :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heater Advice cataze Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 9 08-21-2012 11:43 AM
Heater Advice Sceven Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 2 08-20-2012 11:05 AM
New tank and heater - advice?? clarkk Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 2 08-10-2012 06:50 PM
Need heater advice enchanted01 Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 5 06-15-2012 02:53 PM
Advice on tank/heater? briser Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 4 02-08-2011 03:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.