Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #11 
AyalaCookiejar

I ordered the same one (Hydor Theo 25 watt adjustable, submersible) online yesterday from Petco for my 5.5 gallon tank. It was on sale for $20, but the shipping was free because I ordered a bunch of other stuff along with it.

I read a few reviews of this heater not sufficiently heating tanks even at the highest setting when it is very cold in the room :/ It can get down to 65 degrees in the room he's in. Anyways, I would really love to know how this heater works out for you and anyone else who may have it! I won't have mine for another week or two.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #12 
bamsuddenimpact

On Amazon, The Elite Mini Heater 25 w.. I got it for like 8$ on Amazon- loved it.. Replaced it with a 50w same thing b.c bigger tank and colder room :) Hope this helps And it is adjustable.
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #13 
shinitakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
I ordered the same one (Hydor Theo 25 watt adjustable, submersible) online yesterday from Petco for my 5.5 gallon tank. It was on sale for $20, but the shipping was free because I ordered a bunch of other stuff along with it.

I read a few reviews of this heater not sufficiently heating tanks even at the highest setting when it is very cold in the room :/ It can get down to 65 degrees in the room he's in. Anyways, I would really love to know how this heater works out for you and anyone else who may have it! I won't have mine for another week or two.
I have the Hydor for my 1 gallon bowl and it's been working wonderfully. The temperature setting is pretty accurate, usually only off by about 1-2 degrees. :)
shinitakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #14 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinitakin View Post
I have the Hydor for my 1 gallon bowl and it's been working wonderfully. The temperature setting is pretty accurate, usually only off by about 1-2 degrees. :)
I have heard many good things about the Hydor, indeed. But I think some of the reviews have to do with the size of the tank and the temperature in the room. I have a larger 5.5 gallon tank, and the temperature in the room usually stays at about 68-69 degrees, but will sometimes drop to about 65. But if it doesn't work out, I can always return it and get a different one or a 50watt. I'm just really hoping it does the job because my little DaBaDee is pretty cold right now :(
Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #15 
shinitakin

Quote:
I have heard many good things about the Hydor, indeed. But I think some of the reviews have to do with the size of the tank and the temperature in the room. I have a larger 5.5 gallon tank, and the temperature in the room usually stays at about 68-69 degrees, but will sometimes drop to about 65. But if it doesn't work out, I can always return it and get a different one or a 50watt. I'm just really hoping it does the job because my little DaBaDee is pretty cold right now :(
Well, I have the heater set at 80F, and it keeps my water around 78-80F. My tank is certainly smaller than yours but the room temperature here is around 62-64F, haha. I hope everything works out for you!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #16 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Well, I have the heater set at 80F, and it keeps my water around 78-80F. My tank is certainly smaller than yours but the room temperature here is around 62-64F, haha. I hope everything works out for you!
Thank you! Hopefully the heater will work just as well for me since our tank size vs. room temp seem to balance each other out. How low/high can you set the heater?
Old 11-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #17 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsuddenimpact View Post
On Amazon, The Elite Mini Heater 25 w.. I got it for like 8$ on Amazon- loved it.. Replaced it with a 50w same thing b.c bigger tank and colder room :) Hope this helps And it is adjustable.
I cant find that brand in an adjustable, only the preset :(
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #18 
shinitakin

Quote:
Thank you! Hopefully the heater will work just as well for me since our tank size vs. room temp seem to balance each other out. How low/high can you set the heater?
The range of the dials goes from 69-89F. :)
Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #19 
shinitakin

Oh, and sareena, if you can't find the Elite heater, maybe you could get the Hydor heater (25w) instead. It's on Amazon for just 21 dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-THEO-Sub.../dp/B0006JLPG8
Old 11-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #20 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
The range of the dials goes from 69-89F. :)
Thank you :)