Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #1 
hynesh9792

Talking Best ich treatment for all fish!!!!!

So this isn't about bettas, BUT it's about a product that could help a betta's ich =)

We had a 20 gallon tank with 5 glofish and a lot of other fish. We literally had one dead fish after another probably about 15 fish died in a matter of weeks. We were first time fish owners...anyways, 2 of the first glofish we bought survived somehow. They had Ich SOOOO bad. I mean, it looked like there were DIPPED in salt, not sprinkled with it. They wouldnt eat, they literally were ceasing every few minutes BOTH of them. THe guy at the pet store said "I would freeze them and euthanize them if I were you, it doesn't sound like they will make it" and I bought this stuff called NOX-ICH...

We followed the instructions, turned the temp up to about 88 and took carbon out of the filter. I am NOT kidding when I say that about 7 hours later, they literally had like 2 spots each, that was IT. it was completely gone within 24 hours. We still did the 5 day treatment to be safe but I was amazed! My husband woke me up at 3 a.m. b/c he was so shocked it worked that quickly.

If you would have seen them, you wouldn't have thought they would have pulled through. Charles and Abe are still with us :D and with their 4 new friends :)
hynesh9792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #2 
Phaydra

I am glad your little guys survived. I am not a fan of chemical treatment and see them as a last resort they did give you the directions for the heat treatment.Turning the temperature up speeds up the life cycle of Ich and it can not reproduce at that temperature. Keep the temperature up at 88 (90 if your little guys can handle it) for 14 days total and daily water changes are a must. Vacuum the gravel too to get all the nasty little Ich spores out. Your tank will go through a mini cycle too because Nox-ich kills all bacteria including your beneficial bacteria. I am sorry if I come off as bossy or mean on this but I would hate to see you post in a week you had a second out break.

Last edited by Phaydra; 11-25-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #3 
Myates

Turning the temp up to 88 will kill them as it is.. glad your fish got better!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #4 
ao
TFK Moderator

yup XD temperature is the cure for ich. 86+ will do the trick :D congrats on the recovery!
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #5 
hynesh9792

Oh, this was a long time ago lol. I don't know what made me post about it, I guess I was reading about ick somewhere. This was about 3-4 months ago that it happened.
hynesh9792 is offline   Reply With Quote