Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #11 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
yeah school's of fish are fun but than when a disease comes around they all get sick. But I'm not talking about schooling bettas that would be a sight. I'm just saying males could live in the same tank like what you can do with females. Or be able to put them in with other colorful long fined fish.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #12 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
Well I PMed Oldfishlady and she said that after 3 generations she started to get passive bettas and she is now able to keep 20 males of various ages in a 75 gallon tank and be able to take one out to spawn him and be able to put him back in without problems
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #13 
meiperfectneina19

that is interesting ^^
meiperfectneina19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #14 
Xeek

I've looked at a lot of articles where betta behavior has been studied. It's almost always proved that bettas are NOT territorial. In fact they will fight regardless of how much space you give them. The only luck with a larger space is that they won't see each other as much, but as soon as they see each other - it will be endless fighting until something distracts. You could say that a betta's territory is the entire body of water it lives in. They don't fight each other to defend their water, they just simply fight.

I have noticed with my bettas that generally they will mostly fight with others that look most dissimilar in appearance of color and fins. If I put my cambodian (with red fins) together with my totally red female. They dont usually fight. If I add a blue/black betta to the group then the red one will mostly go for her. Maybe this is a result of them being raised together with other similar females until being sold.

I need to get me some docile females some behavioral traits can be bred ^^
Xeek is offline   Reply With Quote