Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #161 
Rachelk98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
My Petco is great.
The Closes Petco Is Like 10 Miles Away!!
Rachelk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #162 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Dragon sorry about your pet store.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #163 
Bluewind

I got an Anubias. Also found out my tank is close to being cycled. I have a bit of nitrites and it looks like my tap has low levels of Ammonia, but no spiking in tank as it is the same level as the tap. Hopefully the live plants I have now will help that out.

They were out of Juliis the day I went to PetSmart. I did however buy a few Neon Tetras as they were on sale and very cheap!

Gus is... well... Gus! Not an aggressive bone in his body. The only thing he is protective of is his little rock which he curls up beside and sleeps on. The others can sit on it, clean it, and do whatever they like as long as they let him snuggle beside it. He is like a child with a teddy bear.

Yeah, big chains unfortunately are focused on the bottom line and not the health of what they sell. A sick fish that sells just makes them sell more sick fish and put the poor babies in conditions that get them the most profit. Gus was my first Walmart rescue and he was an exception because I actually DID save him because I complained to managers and corporate until they gave me a $20 walmart card for my trouble. And my call also caused corporate to come down and check on the store. A month later they were back to old habits, but my actions no doubt cost them much more than the price of a fish! If everyone did it, then they would either stop carrying them or put them in better conditions.

Also, just had to say I LOVE your siggy Cho! I might add something like that to mine.

I'm an Aspy myself and a big staple of my diet is my own foot! Some people get cross with me because I say things in the wrong way all the time. I'm not ashamed because it is part of who I am and I like who I am, it's just... some say I lack tact or that I should learn to understand subtext, but my brain doesn't work like that! Everything someone tells me is taken at face value. And I am honest and tell the truth. I can't read deception, so lying, subtext, double-truths, sarcasm, reading between the lines, and the like just don't register with me! Not that I don't try. I practice as much as I can. At least I have an insane amount of empathy and can tell when someone is upset faster than most. Is that all just an Aspy thing or do Autistics have those problems too?
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #164 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I keep Aniubus too.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #165 
Bluewind

Oh! I wanted to share a new pic of my tank!

The substrate is Pool Filter Sand. VERY reasonably priced at the pool supply store
Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #166 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would add more decorations. If a Betta is there they might like the glass. I saw a Betta a while ago who loved to swim into a fish bowl in there tank.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #167 
Bluewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I would add more decorations. If a Betta is there they might like the glass. I saw a Betta a while ago who loved to swim into a fish bowl in there tank.
If you look, it has several glass objects that don't show up well in the pic. It has a quart jar, a small orange jar, a blue dish, a Aunubias, a plastic plant, 3 bulbs that are starting to sprout, and his little pink rock. I actually took out some of the glasses I had in there because it was too cluttered.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #168 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I see many glass objects in there but there should be many decorations that provide shelter if stressed
Old 11-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #169 
DragonFyre14

It's looking good! Gus is probably enjoying himself immensely. Sounds like you have plenty of hidey-hole-ish things, but it definitely looks like it is missing something.... It looks like it needs some plants or something to stick up towards the upper levels of the tank and break up the line of vision.
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #170 
Bluewind

I will have more plants soon. My bulbs are sprouting. The far left side is completely tanken up with a quart jar, so 2 of the bulbs will be put in front of it. Might stick some other decor object in there for them to hide in...

Tags
advice, betta, newbie, small tank, tankmate