Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #61 
logisticsguy

With small corys like Pygmy and Panda it is important to keep the substrate clean. It is also good if the substrate doesn't have sharp edges. The Pandas like a temp between 22c - 24c or 72f - 75.2f. Just something to keep in mind if kept with Bettas. I lowered the temp on my sorority tank to 75 to accommodate both species. It seems that the more the merrier. They are so happy and playful now that I have 9. So cute when the new little ones were added. The older ones look after them and play with them.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #62 
bryanacute

How many?
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #63 
logisticsguy

Yeah 9. Started out with 4 and they were great. So at the store made a deal for 5 more. Im weak. I have a 20 g cycling that Im setting up just for the Pandas. I have and order in for 7 more next week. Right now the 9 are in my 35 g sorority tank and get along great with the betta. I just cant breed Panda in that tank as eggs fry would be eaten for lunch.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #64 
emeraldmaster

i think that this is where to post my question... i have an albino cory cat named Leo. lately he has been scaring me by swimming along the corners of the tank. this tends to be in up and down motions. at first i thought nothing of it, untill my betta started to do it too. now the entire tank will swim up and down along the corners. i am hoping that it is nothing bad, but i want to be on the safe side. any help?
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #65 
logisticsguy

Its all good. That up and down swimming means they are happy and playing. The fact your betta joined in is kinda cute.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #66 
emeraldmaster

okay, thank you!
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #67 
aemaki09

Has anybody else had peppered with albino? (or both at the same time in different tanks)? I have both in my sorority tank and have noticed that my albinos have like a hundred times more energy than my peppered. The albinos glass surf like all day long, and like to try and play with the females in my sorority...the peppered seem to leave everyone alone and just hang out at the bottom most of the day.
Just wondering if it's just my cories or if everyones do the same thig
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #68 
lexylex0526

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
Has anybody else had peppered with albino? (or both at the same time in different tanks)? I have both in my sorority tank and have noticed that my albinos have like a hundred times more energy than my peppered. The albinos glass surf like all day long, and like to try and play with the females in my sorority...the peppered seem to leave everyone alone and just hang out at the bottom most of the day.
Mine do! I have an albino with a peppered, the peppered is named Mac and the albino is Cheese :) I would definitely agree cheese is more active than mac, not sure why though. Cheese is constantly swimming up and down the tank walls and mac usually doesn't.
It may just be their individual personalities, or maybe its a genetic thing. I've been wondering that for awhile. lol
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #69 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
Both my Peppered Cory Cats (Maple & Oakley) and Albino Cory Cats (Clarice & Ghostie) are about the same in energy/activity levels. They swim around a lot but it is my Julli Cory Cats that are the most active! ( Pepper, Paprika, Jagger, & Norville)
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #70 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexylex0526 View Post
Mine do! I have an albino with a peppered, the peppered is named Mac and the albino is Cheese :) I would definitely agree cheese is more active than mac, not sure why though. Cheese is constantly swimming up and down the tank walls and mac usually doesn't.
It may just be their individual personalities, or maybe its a genetic thing. I've been wondering that for awhile. lol
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. Maybe it is the individual fish, but my albinos are so active compared to the peppered so I find it weird lol
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote