Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #7721 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurefox View Post
thank you for the advice, I'll put few females then :)
well I just wondering because some people can do it, but after rethink again, you're right, I'll put my Giant Halfmoon Male in a bachelor tank by himself ;) hahaha.. he's still in growing up phase too, still 2 months old... must reallly take care of his Fins. The Salamander female instead,5 months old already...wanna mix her with other 3.5-5 months old female too.. but still hunting for the other 2... it's really hard to find female Halfmoon here :(
Sounds great. I look forward to the beautiful stock you get. Here in america wers over run with female bettas because everyone wants the prettiest male betta and stuffs him into a tiny tank.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #7722 
azurefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Sounds great. I look forward to the beautiful stock you get. Here in america wers over run with female bettas because everyone wants the prettiest male betta and stuffs him into a tiny tank.
envy there :(
here in Indonesia, it's rare to get good quality Female Halfmoon Bettas, the breeders keep for themselves. Usually the Good females are imported from thailands...
the rest are sold really cheap, but the size and the quality are low-standard..
azurefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:42 AM   #7723 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
hai, I just setting this 30 litre tank for my Sorority.. need some advide,

still confuse tho...between for FemaleSorority, or for Betta Couple =="
I already prepare the couple..now they're in divided tank..Giant Copper Halfmoon and Salamander Female
for the female I still need 2 more.. (minimum is 4 right? if I'm not wrong..)

I put Sagittaria there..but I'm wondering should I trim the Sagittaria when they're reaching the surface? I'm afraid that the leaves might dried up...

Planting to print a piece of Stone background there :) but not yet finished..

I use fertilizer too, should I use CO2 too for the first time set up?
I use well water...

:O you must be rich!
tank envy.....
*pulls out gun*
your tank or your life.....

XD

really nice tank btw

oh as for your question. CO2 isnt really necessary...you have lowlight/easy plants.
you substrate is a little shallow... you might want to give it another layer for the rooting plants.

in the future i would realllly recommend reading up more on Aquascaping, substrates, plants, CO2 etc and do something awesome with your tank :)

the saggitaria will be fine, when it grows too tall, the leaves will simply bend and follow the waters surface...

Last edited by ao; 11-28-2012 at 02:47 AM.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #7724 
fgradowski

Here's Algernon's updated tank:
Name:  008.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  62.9 KB
Just added some more plants to it and a heater!!

Here's Vardaman's tank:
Name:  009.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  59.5 KB
He likes to hide from me!
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #7725 
azurefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
:O you must be rich!
tank envy.....
*pulls out gun*
your tank or your life.....

XD

really nice tank btw

oh as for your question. CO2 isnt really necessary...you have lowlight/easy plants.
you substrate is a little shallow... you might want to give it another layer for the rooting plants.

in the future i would realllly recommend reading up more on Aquascaping, substrates, plants, CO2 etc and do something awesome with your tank :)

the saggitaria will be fine, when it grows too tall, the leaves will simply bend and follow the waters surface...
hahaha no..I'm not rich..XD the local Betta here is far cheaper...well but the quality absolutely different^_^ isn't as good as ur country...
I got the tank for only 10++ dollars.. and all the plants I spend didn not cost more than 10 dollars too.. anubias in the middle is only 5 dollars.. others, did not cost more than 2 dollars.. well etc etc, all totals under 50 dollars, If I'm not wrong ^_^

thank you for the reply too, yes I put some substrate more higher only where the plants I put in hahaha... (dun want use too high substrate at first lol)
I put fertilizers in the substrate too^_^
azurefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #7726 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
hahaha no..I'm not rich..XD the local Betta here is far cheaper...well but the quality absolutely different^_^ isn't as good as ur country...
I got the tank for only 10++ dollars.. and all the plants I spend didn not cost more than 10 dollars too.. anubias in the middle is only 5 dollars.. others, did not cost more than 2 dollars.. well etc etc, all totals under 50 dollars, If I'm not wrong ^_^

thank you for the reply too, yes I put some substrate more higher only where the plants I put in hahaha... (dun want use too high substrate at first lol)
I put fertilizers in the substrate too^_^
Now i envy you. Can i come live with you?????
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #7727 
Juicebox

My new 5 gallon fluval spec,i wasnt plannign on buying any more tanks till i move next year but it was on sale at petco 40 percent off!! couldnt resist

the elf on the shelf is not a permanent resident,just something my wife did one night for our daughter

Name:  fluval spec.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  33.3 KB
Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #7728 
Bigj713281

Hey I'm new here I've been having sushi for 2 months last month I got him a 5 gallon tank and its finally cycled

Here's peewee in sushi olds home it's a 1 gallon tank
Bigj713281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #7729 
Okami

1 Gallons like that are awsowme. It was hard for me to keep up with a small tank since my much much larger one does not need attention as often. It was hard for me to keep up with only as few gallons so I upgraded to a nice 10.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #7730 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellie View Post
Hi, a newbie here from Sunny Manila.

Here's my iQuarium for my very first betta, Tellie. LOL

I don't know if he's a male or a female. I forgot to ask! I'm assuming he's male. This is the tank that I bought. I didn't know much about bettas and I've always seen them in very small tanks in pet stores that's why I bought a small one. (Should have done research first, before buying such a small tank!)

Ater seeing all of your tanks and after realizing he needs more room to live a happy life, Tellie will be upgraded to a finer and bigger suite very, very soon.

Hoping to learn more in here!
Be sure to read up on the nitrogen cycle! Here's a helpful link about what it is, and why it's important. http://www.fishlore.com/NitrogenCycle.htm
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank