Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #1 
chadi

no color??

[IMG][/IMG]

is this normal?? ive had this one for probably 8-9 months now. bought as a baby from petco. the other babies ive gotten from there have colors now, but this one still just looks grey with stripes. like the day i got her.
chadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #2 
DoctorWhoLuver

One of my girls, Justice, looks exactly like that. She isn't coloring up either and I don't know why; she has bluish fins and a semi pale/brown body. Ill keep an eye on this thread since I'm curious about this. :)
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #3 
paloverde

Body wise she looks very healthy and robust, could the light colored gravel be causing her to be a bit washed out? Try adding some floating plants,real or fake they will help her feel safe and she just might color up! You have done a good job of raising those babies.
paloverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #4 
Myates

Is that another tank on top of hers? I see gravel o.O

Is she in a sorority?

Normally by that time they do color up - personally I can't tell whether that is juvie coloration or stress stripes.

If she is with others, try separating her, that tends to help other young ones to "blossom" out, once they leave their siblings. If she is alone, can she see other fish?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #5 
chadi

yes, above her there is a 1/2 gal tank where i keep another baby. there are 3 females in my 10gal tank, and 1 baby in the small tank. i got them all around the same time, at about the same size, this is the only one that hasnt colored up yet. ill try keeping her in my 2.5g for a while, and see what happens.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #6 
chadi

been separated for 6 days now. i think some coloring in the tail and fins is coming in.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #7 
Luimeril

she's very stressed. x: could be a shy gal. i had one, would turn ugly brown with DEEP stress stripes unless i had three walls over her tank covered. your gal could just not be cut out for life with other bettas.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #8 
a123andpoof

I have one female who is a dark brown and has dark stress stripes. I have tried about everything and she is just a wild coloration and the color is normal. She isn't stressed at all. Its just her colors. Your girl looks a little pale, but if colors just coming in the tail and fins I would guess maybe these are just her colors. (my girl has blue and red in her tail while body is brown with stress stripe pattern)
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #9 
DoctorWhoLuver

It might just take time. The girl I mentioned earlier got her colors. Turns out she's a brown and blue bicolor. :) maybe your girl will color up soon too :)
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote