Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #41 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I know 1 gallon works but the average Betta consumer can not perform the proper maintence in 1 gallon.
I understand this, but to pass a law as such wouldn't benefit bettas. I've also read that many bettas are use to smaller tanks because of breeding them. And when they're placed into the big tanks they panic.

I think the law shouldn't sell under a gallon, if a law was to be passed, that all tanks must be filtered, heated, and water changed regularly..

Now, back to what is being said. PETITION your thoughts to the store, and company, and tell them they are wrong.

That's what I'm working towards for Wal-Mart. Make a difference.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #42 
Okami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Randies not the one we apoligize too. Sorry Swimmy.
It was swimmy I was pointing my appology to. Sorry swimmy best of luck with the breeding!
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #43 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I think anything under 2.5 should harder to get. That way you can have research there 1-1.5 tank care.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #44 
Okami

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahb121 View Post
I understand this, but to pass a law as such wouldn't benefit bettas. I've also read that many bettas are use to smaller tanks because of breeding them. And when they're placed into the big tanks they panic.

I think the law shouldn't sell under a gallon, if a law was to be passed, that all tanks must be filtered, heated, and water changed regularly..

Now, back to what is being said. PETITION your thoughts to the store, and company, and tell them they are wrong.

That's what I'm working towards for Wal-Mart. Make a difference.
I know a difference has been made at my Local Pet-Co. Before they were very typical but the management listed to me and the guy that works in fish and the place takes as good care of their fish now as a stand alone fish shop. they even sell Arawana and Discus now. How many Pet-Cos can do that I ask you? not many.

The staff in fish department there will tell customers how to properly care for bettas even in unfiltered tanks and keep them happy. I wish more stores would follow their example.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #45 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
I know a difference has been made at my Local Pet-Co. Before they were very typical but the management listed to me and the guy that works in fish and the place takes as good care of their fish now as a stand alone fish shop. they even sell Arawana and Discus now. How many Pet-Cos can do that I ask you? not many.

The staff in fish department there will tell customers how to properly care for bettas even in unfiltered tanks and keep them happy. I wish more stores would follow their example.
Very true, not many. But at least you made a difference and maybe someone will take that to Pet-Co's top office.

I find my Petsmart is very good about caring for bettas as is my Pet-Co but I wish Pet-co wouldn't have SO MANY... it makes caring for them more difficult. I once counted out 68 little cups and only one person was in the fish section.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #46 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Ours keep Arrowana spmetimes and Discus. I know goldfish should not be in there but one was put in and not eaton. They cant catch it is very active. It scares the other fish.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #47 
Okami

My pet-co the guy I previously mentioned was upset because they sent way to many bettas. He had to house Bettas carefuly in the tanks with community species.

He said he had some choice words with the corperate distributer to tell them they need to pay attention to the betta stock. He wants to be able to properly care for them.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #48 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
My pet-co the guy I previously mentioned was upset because they sent way to many bettas. He had to house Bettas carefuly in the tanks with community species.

He said he had some choice words with the corperate distributer to tell them they need to pay attention to the betta stock. He wants to be able to properly care for them.

That's wonderful. I want to get a job at Wal-Mart or PetsMart/Pet-Co so I can help care for the fish. There would never be a dead fish floating around for days if I worked there.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #49 
Okami

they dont just need to change their practices with bettas, they also need knowedgeable staff at the stores for bettas. If they hire some kid in high school that said he had a gold fish when he was like 4 over a kid that loves fish and knowes about care they should be slapped!

If average house hold person shops pet-co petsmart, whatever they assume the sales team is already knowedgeable because its a pet store. I think maybe a report on a major news station telling people DONT assume they know everything would be a help to the careless purchasing of bettas.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #50 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would love to work at Petco.