Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #7731 
tellie

Yep. I already bought him a 10 gallon new home and I am cycling it. The filter's been running for 3 days now with live plants. I just have to find the testing kits here. It's not present in a lot of stores!

Tellie's still in his iQuarium blowing so many bubbles for his nest! He comes out of the spaces between the leaves (it's where he hangs out and sleeps) to greet me! How cute is my little fella!

I've also been doing water changes regularly. Starting and maintaining a tank is not as easy as I thought (and I've only been in the starting phase...)
tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:44 AM   #7732 
Batmantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurefox View Post
hahaha no..I'm not rich..XD the local Betta here is far cheaper...well but the quality absolutely different^_^ isn't as good as ur country...
I got the tank for only 10++ dollars.. and all the plants I spend didn not cost more than 10 dollars too.. anubias in the middle is only 5 dollars.. others, did not cost more than 2 dollars.. well etc etc, all totals under 50 dollars, If I'm not wrong ^_^

thank you for the reply too, yes I put some substrate more higher only where the plants I put in hahaha... (dun want use too high substrate at first lol)
I put fertilizers in the substrate too^_^

Wow that is cheap, my tank was $100, heater was $25, amazon swords are 3 for $16, substrate probably $15, ornaments anywhere from $10-$80
Batmantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #7733 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmantha View Post
Wow that is cheap, my tank was $100, heater was $25, amazon swords are 3 for $16, substrate probably $15, ornaments anywhere from $10-$80
You's both are so cheap! A decent tank here would cost around $100-$150 second hand, heaters are $45-$60, plants are $5 a stem (in one store) and other stores it's two plants for $20. Silica sand is $20 for 5kg, gravel is a bit more (I think) ornaments are anywhere from $20-$200! :/ I wish my country was cheap! Betta here are between $25.00-$50.00!
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:17 AM   #7734 
Batmantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
You's both are so cheap! A decent tank here would cost around $100-$150 second hand, heaters are $45-$60, plants are $5 a stem (in one store) and other stores it's two plants for $20. Silica sand is $20 for 5kg, gravel is a bit more (I think) ornaments are anywhere from $20-$200! :/ I wish my country was cheap! Betta here are between $25.00-$50.00!

Yeah mine is a Blue Planet Classic 20 L

Never buy plants here from Pet Barn, they have good prices for tanks and ornaments but they wanted $35 for a floating java moss ball!

I dont mind spending extra money on Bettas to get a nice one, mine were $50 each but I got beautiful giants
Batmantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #7735 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Yeah mine is a Blue Planet Classic 20 L

Never buy plants here from Pet Barn, they have good prices for tanks and ornaments but they wanted $35 for a floating java moss ball!

I dont mind spending extra money on Bettas to get a nice one, mine were $50 each but I got beautiful giants
I've never heart of Pet Barn o.O? But that is ridiculous! I really want a java moss ball, though! I can't seem to find them here ANYWHERE! >;/

Yeah, I don't mind either, but that's the price for a Pet Store Betta. And it's all Veil Tail, though I've seen ONE crown tail. Breeders Betta are more expensive, though I just breed mine and keep ones I want. But I've heard in the USA they're like. $6? Or some ridiculously cheap price! :o

I want a Giant :(
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:02 AM   #7736 
tellie

Hey guys, what do I do? The power plug of the pump got accidentally dipped into the tank. I took it out immediately and have not plugged it in. It was very quick and I did my best to dry it. I blew a hair dryer towards it and placed the direction of the fan to it. I still have not plugged the cord for fear of a short circuit. I'm thinking of just buying a new one... What do you guys think?
tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #7737 
azurefox

Quote:
to be exact my tank is $12, bought GEX Slim 600
Filter Resun CY-20 $10
Anubias $5
Moss Balls $10
Other Mix Plants $4
Substrate $2
Jebo Aquarium Light $16

erhm...okay..yes around +-$50 for the total.. =w="
azurefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #7738 
Theadomm

Talking My very first betta fish tank

Hi there I just finished setting up my 2.65g or 10l betta fish tank complete with live plants, decorative jug and little elite filter. So far I have added aqua plus water conditioner and nutrafin cycle (which is meant to kick start the good bacteria). I have also been 'feeding' the tank with goldfish food and running the filter. So I guess I am using 3 of the cycling methods to get my tank ready.

The tanks is sporting a background of a Namibian Ghost town and sits ontop of our Antarctica box that we rescued from a University that wanted to throw it out. We thinks its fitting for our little fishy.

I live in South Africa and its summer so I don't need a heater yet although I have a tank thermometer and will invest in a heater when necessary.
Attached Images

Theadomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #7739 
Theadomm

The pump is so quiet and I guess I will need to make a baffle for it as many people have battled with the 'current' it creates but I have the flow pointed at the side of the tank and none of the plants are even stirring. I will be investing in a snail or two this weekend. Our store is only getting new betta fish stock in, in a week or two so it gives me plenty of time to get things ready. I have found it is harder to find the prettier versions of the species in South Africa and I am not sure I want to put a fish through the long trip by air from another country, anyone know of a reputable breeder in SA?
Theadomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #7740 
Aoicat

Not a very good picture, but here's my tank. A ten gallon with my betta Walter, 8 pristella tetras. and a big mystery snail. Using an Aqueon quietflow 10 with a couple extra sponges inside to cut down the outlet flow.
Attached Images

Aoicat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank