Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #11 
hannah16

I wish male bettas could be kept together too! I'd get my 60gallon set up, just, for male bettas.... <3!!!
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #12 
Dragonlady

Once male bettas are kept alone and removed from siblings for over 24 hours, they must always be kept alone.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #13 
whatsupyall

There can only be one aggressor, and if they are living together, usually one is stressed out and getting nipped at till they die. Healthy male bettas can not live together, however, I have seen the less healthy betta that were too sick to dominate any areas and therefore, there wasn't much nipping or biting, only in super close contact. You can have sibling male juveniles living together, but maturity is inevitable, and no adult betta is known to live with other adult male bettas peacefully. Basically it is their nature and they fight because they need to dominate. Dominance and aggression is what tends to keep bettas healthy and vibrant in colors. You are not likely to have two or more male bettas dominating one open area.
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #14 
bryanacute

Just like with females. Groups of over 10 or more live together in the wild. If 2 meet, they probably will fight. If a group that's been together since frys meet a loner, then the dominate will put her in her place.
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

I find sororities hard enough... Let alone the thought of attempting to keep males together. You could do a divided tank, covering the divider with moss, and making the tank a very natural scene... with drift wood, and lots of live plants. I wouldn't mind doing that myself Have the illusion there are two males together, without them ever getting into trouble.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #16 
bryanacute

Or u could separate the sides. Get them used to there sides. Then take out the divider. When I had my bettas Angel and Devil in a split tank when I removed devil and let angel have the tank, he stayed over on his side.
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote