Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #121 
AyalaCookiejar

I got my new fish at Earl May and they seem to take care of their fish the same way walmart does, except they are all much brighter colored 0.o

Little cups filled half full and all stacked right next to each other. The water doesn't seem murky at Earl May like it does at walmart but there was a lot of unidentifiable things at the bottom of the cups... Maybe they do more frequent partial water changes so they never actually get rid of the stuff that collects at the bottom of the cups?
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #122 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I wish each cup would have a small amount of IAL.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #123 
DoctorWhoLuver

Last week I dropped by my local Petsmart for pet supplies. And we all know the story about dropping by the betta section X]... and it look like they had a TB outbreak :O A lot of the bettas were lethargic with skeletal deformities and loss of scales/colors and a few had died... The ones that died were all twisted up in an upside down "J" shape... I wish I had the guts to tell one of their employees, but I was in my ballet gear and I was too shy. I did move the cups with the dead bettas to the front of the shelf (they were all in the back) in hope of disgusting another customer into yelling at the employees. -.- I felt really bad for they bettas and wish I could've brought one home, but I was scared that there might have been a TB outbreak... :/ well, that's my story.
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #124 
bryanacute

I was at my local Walmart. I was getting goldfish for about the 10th time because I can't keep goldfish alive. I was really picky about my fish and I still am. I was choosing my goldfish and the guy KEPT saying you done yet? I said " NO IM NOT! Give me my time or I will report you to the manager!" That shut they guy up. He scooped up my three fish. I looked in the bag. There where 2 living ones and a DEAD one! I told the man you tried selling me a dead fish. He took the fish out and replaced it.
Another story is how I got angel. I was at different Wal-mart. One with REALLY crappy service. I came prepared with about $30. I had talked to my mom about starting my goldfish community up again. She was fine with the idea. So I went (ran) back to the fish/pet area. The tanks where horrid! Green balls of who knows what where at the bottom of the tank. Fish where EATING the dead fish. I was grossed out. So I chose my goldfish and went to they lady. I asked her if I could get some fish. She said very rudely, I'm not the person who cares for those worthless things. Especially those fighter fish. Stupidest things ever. That really set me off. I was about ready to hit her. So I said well screw you. I walked off to another lady at a service desk. I asked if she could page someone who could get me some fish. She told me to go to the tanks and wait. The lady who cared for the fish should be back there. Put ill page her anyway. She paged a lady named Doreen. That's when I realized it was the same lady that I asked earlier. The lady yelled ill be right there! I waited about 20 minutes or so be for i said SCREW IT. I decided to get a betta. I picked out a tank. Rocks. Deco. Done. All I needed was a betta. I set my tank and items down besides me. I was picking up each bettas SUPER small cup. That's when I saw angel. He was laying in the back. Poor thing was cramped and his fins where clamped. I immediately named him angel. Even before it was official I was aloud to get him.
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #125 
TheMCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I have never seen a dead bamboo shrimp at my Petco.
I bought one of those there. They basically told me to just put him in my tank and that he didn't need anything special.

A month later Mister Shrimpy climbed out, jumped off the table, and dried up and died on the other side of the room. They hadn't mentioned he needed a lid.
TheMCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #126 
AyalaCookiejar

That sounds horrible ^ If I were you, the manager would've gotten an earful. I'd ask to talk to each and every person in charge just to see if I could find at least ONE person willing to listen and actually care.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #127 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMCP View Post
I bought one of those there. They basically told me to just put him in my tank and that he didn't need anything special.

A month later Mister Shrimpy climbed out, jumped off the table, and dried up and died on the other side of the room. They hadn't mentioned he needed a lid.
I think your thinking of Amano.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #128 
TheMCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I think your thinking of Amano.
Nope, I'm not, Mister Shrimpy was a bamboo shrimp.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #129 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Bamboo shrimp are filter feeders. Did it cost 10.00$?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #130 
TheMCP

Yes, it did cost $10, and yes, it was a filter feeder. Mottled brown thing, several inches long.

Bluntly, it's kind of offensive for you to imply I don't know what I'm talking about when you have never been here or seen my tanks.