Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #1 
ZackyBear

Exclamation Free Platys To Good Home in TX

I have a few babies as well as 6 adults that I need to find a home for. The reason I am posting here is because I really love my platys and want a good home for them.

The babies are still small enough to be eaten by larger fish, but their gold colors are coming out nicely. The adults (1 male, 5 females) are considerably larger and older than ones you would find in a pet store, and have been bred at least twice. The Sunset platys, I suspect, are currently pregnant with their first fry.

Posting on craigslist was a mistake. "Do you still have the fish?" is not what I want to see or hear to be honest, especially when they want to put the babies with Goldfish in a 5 gallon tank. The bettafish community is the only one I trust to find a better home than what I am giving them at the moment.

The babies and the adults each have their own 10 gallon tanks (one cycled and one not), both kept at a steady 79 degrees. Fed twice a day (tropical flakes with dashes of microworms) at 7:30 a.m and 6:00 p.m with water changes of 50% every Saturday for the adults and 100% twice a week for the babies, though I haven't been able to keep up with them ever since I started my new job (hence why I'm posting).

Another reason why I want to find a better home than an average fish keeper is because my only male adult platy is a bit... handicapped. He was chased by an older aggressive male a few months back (I practically threw the thing at Petco's doorstep) and became trapped between my breeder box and the tank wall for several hours. Now when he swims, he twirls in circles and sometimes struggles to stay in one spot. He also sleeps on his side on the bottom of the tank, but is very active and eats like no tomorrow. I didn't have the heart to put him down at first, and he's got the will to live.

I am hoping someone will be able to pick them up, since I'm not comfortable with shipping. If you sincerely wish to help, I can even let you take the tank I have the babies in. It is just a bare tank, however. (I use an outside source of heating to keep everything warm).

Please PM me or post here.
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #2 
Freyja
Banned

I'd take them all in a heartbeat ZackyBear. Are they all sunset platys?
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #3 
ZackyBear

4 of them are orange and 2 of them are sunsets. :3
Old 11-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #4 
ZackyBear

Sorry for this double post, but a few of the babies have been adopted out! The person couldn't take them all, so there are 1-3 left.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #5 
xShainax

My females are ready to pop any day now. :3 I love platies almost as much as betta's.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote