Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #61 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
thank you, does the orange on mine stray from the chocolate definition? i still havent placed my DeT as a certain colour pattern.
I would have to see a pic.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #62 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I would have to see a pic.
thank you Choclatebetta, here are 2 new pics just taken. the lighting is normal as per the tank setup. 6500k daylight equivalent bulb on the right side ie VT but only 12% on the left side DeT. his tail split in 2 halves before or just after being put in the fish bag moments before purchase. the fins have since healed and are starting to color back up.

nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #63 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Looks like a chocolate to me. It might be a mustard. Does the body have a blue tint or brown color and nothing else?
Old 11-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #64 
nel3

Quote:
Looks like a chocolate to me. It might be a mustard. Does the body have a blue tint or brown color and nothing else?
Thank you very much, the body has evenly spaced blue tint body scales. The top dorsal has a leading blue edge and there are many blue tints on the rays or just general spots on the grey parts of the fins. There's also some blue tint on the new growth areas. I do vaguely recall some minimal blue tint on the orange part of the fins. The first pic is the lightest orange he gets and the second is the darkest he will get.

Last edited by nel3; 11-30-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #65 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

You have the uncommon Chocolate. I have read it is Uncommon and that it is rare. It seems rare. But here you see like 3 or 4 always.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #66 
nel3

Quote:
You have the uncommon Chocolate. I have read it is Uncommon and that it is rare. It seems rare. But here you see like 3 or 4 always.
Thank you very much for identifying my betta. I can understand the uncommon vs rare. My double tail wasnt common in my area so I got him on AB. In the following months there was a deluge of similar colours with some red highlights. My pineapple ct is uncommon in the area and my chocolate betta ATM is rare in the area. Don't know if I'll see more chocolate betta but he's the first local one I found.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #67 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I have heard some say Chocolates are rare and other say uncommon. Albino Bettas are very rare 1000$ each!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #68 
nel3

1000 dollars is quite a bit though I think it's more about the seller than their actual cost.

If anything pk are extremely rare here due to costs and consumer interests to the store itself. I did see 20 female blue red mix pk in a 5g tank in 1store. Their missing presence in the store are a mystery. It's only a month or so while they were there. My plan was to wait for a pk to show locally but the det was too nice to pass up but I regret nothing about that.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #69 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Its because Albinos are extremely rare.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #70 
nel3

i do understand they're rare though id think $500 would be more of a starting price than 1k. luckily im not in the market for an albine betta so my wallet wont dry in pain anytime soon.