Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #551 
Beckwithbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanacute View Post
Current time I have to females from same spawn( I think ). Planning to eat 4 more.
Omg I laughed so hard great typo!! Lol
Beckwithbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #552 
Viva

I <3 Craigslist! I may be getting my 30 gallon tank along with some decor and a filter for just $45! And he'll DELIVER it to me! BETTA SORORITY HERE I COME!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #553 
bryanacute

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckwithbabe View Post
omg i laughed so hard great typo!! Lol
my phone always changes get to eat!!
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #554 
LissaLooHoo

I've finally established my sorority tank! The tail nipping, and the pecking order is driving me insane... It's so scary! I have 5 bettas in a twenty gallon tank with plenty of hiding coverage. I'm highly afraid this won't work, but I have out a lot of effort and time into the tank, so I'm hoping I can survive a day or two of fin nipping. How long does the nipping stage last?
LissaLooHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #555 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LissaLooHoo View Post
I've finally established my sorority tank! The tail nipping, and the pecking order is driving me insane... It's so scary! I have 5 bettas in a twenty gallon tank with plenty of hiding coverage. I'm highly afraid this won't work, but I have out a lot of effort and time into the tank, so I'm hoping I can survive a day or two of fin nipping. How long does the nipping stage last?
Nobody can tell you how long it will last. I hate to say that. I have had one for two years and they still nip it's a normal thing. The time varies. Just relax and keep an eye out for injuries. Best of luck to you.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #556 
LissaLooHoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Nobody can tell you how long it will last. I hate to say that. I have had one for two years and they still nip it's a normal thing. The time varies. Just relax and keep an eye out for injuries. Best of luck to you.
Thanks a bunch Shirley!! I am so glad to hear you've actually kept one for two years. That's awesome. I'm so worried it won't work, and knowing you've made it that far is awesome. The pecking order is just near enough to make me crazy... Especially with my babies of the tank who just sit back and take it.. Thanks so much!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #557 
bryanacute

All of my females have red. Except one. She is totally blue. The Cambodian pick a LITTLE on the regular colored female with red fins but all three of them pick one the blue A LOT. there fine though. Nothing serious.
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #558 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LissaLooHoo View Post
Thanks a bunch Shirley!! I am so glad to hear you've actually kept one for two years. That's awesome. I'm so worried it won't work, and knowing you've made it that far is awesome. The pecking order is just near enough to make me crazy... Especially with my babies of the tank who just sit back and take it.. Thanks so much!
Your welcome. I was freaked out at first but now I am used to nipped fins. Just remember to have a hospitol tank available for any girl that gets to roughed up. And remember if you have a girl that is overly agressive you can cup her and float her in the tank for a couple of days. That helps sometimes. PM me if you want to ask me anything.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #559 
Tikibirds

I guess I got lucky - I never really have or had much aggression. Every now and then some one will have a nip but it's like once every few months. The most I get is some chasing. Over the past 2 years or so - out of about 30 females - I have only found one that was too aggressive.

Quote:
if I put the bigger female into the tank with the smaller 1, will the smaller 1 is going to be beaten by the big 1?
In my experience, the size/age has not mattered. I have had small, young females mixed in with adults and one of them was a giant or pretty close to being a giant betta.

Quote:
EAT HOLY CRAP! Totally meant GET! I would never do such a thing!
LMAO. You would probably need to eat more then 4 to feel full :P

Last edited by Tikibirds; 12-04-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #560 
LissaLooHoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Your welcome. I was freaked out at first but now I am used to nipped fins. Just remember to have a hospitol tank available for any girl that gets to roughed up. And remember if you have a girl that is overly agressive you can cup her and float her in the tank for a couple of days. That helps sometimes. PM me if you want to ask me anything.
3rd day, and they've finally settled down. Happy I stuck in through! They get along now, and while I still have some gill flaring and nipping they can actually be near each other. Thanks so much for the help. (: