Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #1061 
LittleWatty

Well... my frogs gave me quite the surprise this morning... I don't know what to say other than Tubby doesn't quite seem to know what he's doing. He grabbed on to Skinny a little too high XD
Attached Images

LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #1062 
Chesh

Ahhhhh, the bumbling first attempts at love!!!
I just KNEW they were a pair - funny that they're BACKWARD, lol!
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #1063 
LittleWatty

Well, there always is the possibility that Tubby doesn't fight for the same team as the other male frogs, if you catch my meaning! lol I just got back from work and found him at it again, only this time he got it right!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #1064 
Chesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWatty View Post
Well, there always is the possibility that Tubby doesn't fight for the same team as the other male frogs, if you catch my meaning!

At it again, eh? Makes me wonder if the Betta was making them nervous, since they just started *ahem* doing it when they were moved to a fish-free tank. Whatever the reason, glad to hear they're happy in their temporary digs! How's the betta doing? Did you ever get in touch with Mika about how to battle those worms?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #1065 
LittleWatty

Someone found my thread in the diseases section and offered to send me some Levamisole, but haven't heard anything back yet. Tintri is doing alright so far, but no progress on the worms with the treatment I've been giving him so far. I did buy some Levamisole infused food that looks promising. I'm definitely going to be looking around and asking more questions though.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #1066 
Chesh

Keep us posted! It's so hard when there's a problem like this that you have to wait for the proper meds to really do any good. . . hard enough when you have meds on-hand. Hoping the other med you have to hold him over does the trick and keeps things to a dull roar. Any sign of the vile things coming OUT of him yet?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #1067 
LittleWatty

Not that I can tell. Still the four little spikes (no more, no less than before). I thought I might have seen maybe one of them passing, but no such luck. He's still happy and active though.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #1068 
Bigj713281

Been thinking about getting a adf how do y'all usually feed them since they're passive eaters
Bigj713281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #1069 
Chesh

Mine are kept in a species-only tank, so I have no problems just dropping the food in and leaving it until they find it. When they were in community, I'd hand-feed them or use a turkey baster or oral syringe to get the food directly to their mouth. Some people on this board also use tweezers, or feed in a specific area - like a cup or a dish, or in some other way target-feed them. As long as you're aware that there could be a problem, and pay enough attention to ensure that the frog is eating their share, they'll be fine. Adult frogs (older than 9 months) only need to be fed every other or even every third day, and they're very quick to catch on to whatever method you use to feed them. Smart little buggers!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #1070 
LittleWatty

They really do catch on quickly. Within a few days mine knew exactly what it sounded like when my turkey baster hit the top of the water, and knew exactly what it looked like when it got close enough to them that they could hit it with a quick push. They really do hit those things hard if they're hungry.