Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #1 
Jessie1990

Getting rid of the divider?

Okay so I have an empty Chi that I am thinking about tearing down, but I also have two bettas in a divided 10 gallon. I was pretty set on just getting rid of the Chi because it's not planted and the filter annoys the crap out of me, but then I thought about how nice it would be if my larger fish could have a 10 gallon to himself. SO... now I'm torn between making my life easier and getting rid of the Chi or getting rid of the divider and putting one fish in the Chi.

My divided tank is planted and the Chi is not, so I feel like the fish that gets moved to the Chi would be missing out on the benefits that he already has. *Sigh* Just not sure what I want to do. Any suggestions?
Jessie1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #2 
fgradowski

Leave the tank divided and get another fish for the Chi. (;

But it's totally your decision! I would feel bad for taking one out of a planted tank. My Algernon adores his plants!
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #3 
Jessie1990

Yea. I think I'm going to tear down the Chi. I don't want to buy more fish because I will be moving to Japan in 2 years... I don't like to give up animals so my parents end up with them and they don't get as much TLC. If I only have the two bettas and the goldfish when I leave, I may try to ship them, but I don't want to have to figure out where to put them if I can't ship them for some reason :(
Old 12-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #4 
fgradowski

I'm sure that if that happened someone on here would be glad to take them for you, and you'd know that they would be well taken care of. I hope that doesn't happen though!
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #5 
Jessie1990

Ha ha yea. We shall see how long the tank stays in the closet. I have not even taken it down yet so it may not happen :P I have never been able to get the darn thing to cycle so I may just buy new filter media and see if I can chemically cycle it. If it works... then I will keep it up LOL. Hmm we shall see
Old 12-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #6 
kfryman

Why not take the filter/light out of the Chi and buy a new filter and a light? The tank is nice, so I don't know why you would want to get rid of it. Just mod it and have a nice tank! You could get an Aquaclear 20, baffled of course, and a Finnex Fugeray. Both can be found on Amazon and the Fugeray you could then have live plants as well!
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #7 
Jessie1990

I actually have an aquaclear 20 sitting next to my tank but it's going in my 10 gallon after I clean it today. I have the lid that came with the Chi and I don't have time to make one that will fit it atm. I will look at the light you suggested though for future reference.