Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #53491 
Laki
Member
 
Laki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. John's NL
I never fed Iams or Eukanuba before. our cats growing up always ate Purina or whatever was on sale. Now Oliver gets Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul. I hate the name of the food lol No short way of saying it.

I love sinking money into my pets, it's a real hobby of mine, these pets. Especially my dog, every penny I earned went into him (now with the tattoo, he's still costing me money lol). All the games I play are online or I already have them, I don't drink or smoke, I have all the clothes I need... The only thing left is pets and food :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #53492 
thekinetic
Member
 
thekinetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Springfield, Va
Fishy no not that I know of, plus I've seen him try to bite my niece and my dad.

Sakura I hope so too because this is getting discouraging. The worst part is his cage cleaning day is coming up and I have no idea how to get him out of there to clean it. O_O
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #53493 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
The rats themselves weren't too bad. The cages and supplies are what's gonna cost me.

Now try feeding 7 cats a decent quality food. We buy at least two 16 lb bags of food a month. The Purina food they were on cost $35 but I switched them recently back to Iams, whcih is oh so slightly cheaper at maybe $30.
Really?! Iams is cheaper than Purina?! Wow Iams must of slipped on their food quality.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #53494 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Fishy no not that I know of, plus I've seen him try to bite my niece and my dad.
Hm....he's getting to be a feisty one isn't he.
Where'd you get him? I know the pet stores tend to handle them with rough hands. He may take some time to realize you won't be man handling him.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #53495 
ChoclateBetta
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Rats are adorible.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #53496 
Olympia
TFK Moderator
 
Olympia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Another reason I like snakes/fish.. Cheap to feed. Snake is now at $1 a week for food. xD Fish, okay actually I spent about $30 on the goldfish food so far, including the batch I messed up and all the vitamins I had to get. Still not that bad. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #53497 
ChoclateBetta
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Wow! Expensive.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #53498 
thekinetic
Member
 
thekinetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Springfield, Va
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Hm....he's getting to be a feisty one isn't he.
Where'd you get him? I know the pet stores tend to handle them with rough hands. He may take some time to realize you won't be man handling him.
Petsmart, they are the closest and only store here that had winter whites in stock. I think I know where the problem might be though, after reading few articles it seems because of the cage the way I have to put my hand in is usually over his head due to a deep base. It may just take some time before I can handle him as winter whites can sometimes be feisty.

It may also be he's being territorial so mabey once he's out and on my hand he may be different which is why I'm cleaning the base of another cage in case I need to put him down into something while I clean his cage.

My dad, the brute ain't helping either, his solution is "oh just pick him up and if he bites you he bites you". >.<*
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #53499 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Petsmart, they are the closest and only store here that had winter whites in stock. I think I know where the problem might be though, after reading few articles it seems because of the cage the way I have to put my hand in is usually over his head due to a deep base. It may just take some time before I can handle him as winter whites can sometimes be feisty.

It may also be he's being territorial so mabey once he's out and on my hand he may be different which is why I'm cleaning the base of another cage in case I need to put him down into something while I clean his cage.

My dad, the brute ain't helping either, his solution is "oh just pick him up and if he bites you he bites you". >.<*
That sounds like something my FIL would say. Sounds like you've got a plan for your bugger. I hope he soon chills out for you.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #53500 
Sakura8
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Elk Grove, California
Fishy, this is what I was feeding:

Pro Plan Indoor Cat Turkey & Rice Formula Cat Food at PETCO

Here's what I feed now:
Iams ProActive Health Multi-Cat with Chicken Cat Food at PETCO

The nice $31 price tag is only online. It was usually at least $32 in store. Hmm. Looks like they are actually equal in price.

If I had just one or two cats, I'd feed Halo, Ellen DeGenere's brand. But it only comes in small bags.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.