Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #53521 
Tikibirds

*pouts* i never find eggs...

Last edited by Tikibirds; 12-03-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #53522 
Silverfang

The sad part is, they could have been in there for a week and I just wouldn't have seen them. WITHOUT a flashlight that is.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:11 AM   #53523 
Tikibirds

how long does it take for them to hatch?

I was hoping my plecos were a male and female but it looks like they both may be males. Awwwwh :(

Is there some way to keep plant debris from clogging up intake thing on my filter?
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 AM   #53524 
Silverfang

I think like 4-5 days, temp depending. From the few articles I've read.

But it is hard to see them without the light. It might have been that day. I suspect it was the cooler weather dropping the temp in the tank. That or the filter giving out so no water circulating.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:28 AM   #53525 
Yuuie

morning all up early actually heard my alarm
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #53526 
Laki

Good morning!!

I have a feeling like I need to get up and go for a walk or jog. Or do something. I almost want to get a shower and then dry my hair and go down to a cafe or something. But I'll have to walk since the roads are too slippery for bikes.. But all at the same time I want to stay home where it's warm and do my work. Have a blah feeling.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #53527 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I found more fry. :\ Gah, I've had enough of them... They have to be platy fry because I would have saw the rasbora's eggs, and there is only one male guppy with no females, and i did get a new female platy... They are like super tiny, maybe a millimeter long or two at most. I need to gravel vaccume too because the silly omega one first flakes food that they don't eat sinks to the bottom and fuzzes up. I can't do that because that's where the fry are hiding. I think I'll just go for it and be really careful, because I can't put the health of my other fish at risk. I spotted 2 fry so far. I'm not saying that for sure there is only two, because last time there was one, then two, then eleven, then twenty-one. I will have even more fry from the deformed platies i kept from the last spawn. I thought they were 3 ladies, but i now realized one is male when i saw them mating. Now the two ladies look really fat. I guess I am going to have to get rid of the male. Will this kill the females? They are healthy, just have really wonky backs. I didn't have the heart to cull them, so I kept them. On top of all of that I think I have the flu, and need to clean all three tanks as well as the hammy cage. :[

Kinetic, I have a couple tips for taming him. Don't take it out of the cage more than once a day, it can be stressful since before you tame them they think human equals danger. A tip I got from youtube is to leave a dirty sock in the cage by where they sleep, this gets them used to your smell. For the biting issue, you can wear some thick wollen gloves while holding him.

Sorry about the novel...

Last edited by MaisyDawgThirteen; 12-03-2012 at 06:56 AM.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:55 AM   #53528 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Good morning!!

I have a feeling like I need to get up and go for a walk or jog. Or do something. I almost want to get a shower and then dry my hair and go down to a cafe or something. But I'll have to walk since the roads are too slippery for bikes.. But all at the same time I want to stay home where it's warm and do my work. Have a blah feeling.
Go to the cafe, and bring a coffee home to do your work. :)
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #53529 
bryanacute

I went into petsmart with $20 bucks yesterday. I was expecting to come out with some plants gravel and trees for the tanks. Instead I came out with 5 new bettas. Gaw
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #53530 
thekinetic

I've heard not to wear gloves as they can acclimate your scent faster if you don't. A piece of clothing that smells like me isn't a bad idea though! ^_^
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese