Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #1 
Bettafeathers

Aquabid bettas arriving today!

AH I'm so excited! I've got everything set up and ready to go for my 3 new boys that should be here some time this afternoon. I have a new 10 gallon for one, and two 5 gallons for the others. I'll probably have to change the decor of the 10 gallon a few times to get it right...I can't decide how I want it to look. I have a bunch of mis match ornaments, driftwood and some live plants but I just am not sure what to do.

Anyways, I just had to share my excitement!
Bettafeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #2 
Viva

That is very exciting! Post some pics when you can! Try drawing out how you want your tanks to look so you can better visualize it...thats what I did! I just got a brand new 5 gallon as well, just set it up yesterday. I have 1 betta in a 10gal planted but the new 5gal I'm planning on using as a hospital tank. I'll probably end up getting another fish though...hehe! =P
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #3 
Bettafeathers

I will definitely post pics! That is...if they ever make it here lol. I have been waiting all day, and am actually a bit concerned as it is 4:30pm local time and they are supposed to be here by 5 pm. I'm about to call the customer service people at fedex again because I'm getting stressed out, and she said to call again at 4:30 if the shipment didn't arrive.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #4 
Bettafeathers

Sorry for the double post...just wanted to update.

So, I got that nightmare sorted. Some manager of fedex will be getting a letter letting them know how I feel about their sub-par service. After calling around all afternoon I finally found out what was going on - the driver apparently had too many deliveries to do and whatnot and couldn't deliver to me. We're in CANADA. It's COLD here. I really do NOT want my fish sitting around in a cold warehouse all night to get thrown into a cold van. If they would even make the night, I'm not sure. So after a day of being driven around in a van, they ended up back at the fedex location where I had to go pick them up to avoid them being left there overnight. I payed for overnight shipping for them to be delivered today during business hours. Ugh. Not impressed

That being said, everyone arrived safe and sound. A couple chewed tails and one wasn't happy because he was a little cold, but he's doing better now. I'm glad they made it safe and sound :)
Old 11-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #5 
hannah16

Would love pictures. Or the breeders pictures =]
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #6 
fgradowski

Yes, pictures! I have been stalking this thread because all of the Aquabid fish are so gorgeous! Can't wait to see your beauties!
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #7 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafeathers View Post
I will definitely post pics! That is...if they ever make it here lol. I have been waiting all day, and am actually a bit concerned as it is 4:30pm local time and they are supposed to be here by 5 pm. I'm about to call the customer service people at fedex again because I'm getting stressed out, and she said to call again at 4:30 if the shipment didn't arrive.
Yeah I had the same kinda trouble when ordered from Thailand. I waited all day last March at home, when my neighbor came over and said he found my parcel on his step and no idea how long it had been there. I freaked! All were fine lucky for the delivery guy! Lost lots of color for a day or 2 but they are tough lil fish and bounced back. Im so glad yours are OK too.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad they arrived safely.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #9 
aemaki09

Thats rediculous!! USPS offers refunds if your overnight deliveries arent delivered on time....does fedex?

I've always had my guys shipped priority (always takes 3 days) and they have done fine, as long as you had a heat pack added I'm sure they will be okay, just a little stressed when they get to their new home tomorrow.
GOODLUCK!! keep us updated!!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #10 
Bettafeathers

I'm not sure if they offer refunds. I'm going to send an email in the next day or two letting them know that I'm unimpressed and compensation would be nice (not that I would expect it lol).

So my two HMPK have settled in beautifully. One even built himself a bubblenest the same night/next day :). However, my halfmoon isn't doing well. I don't expect him to make the day. He was at the bottom of the 3, and the transhipper only put in one heat pack at the top and they were in the back of a truck all day...he was very cold when I got them. I actually thought he was dead. He seemed to settle in okay but lots of heavy breathing for the next couple days. Last night he was at the bottom of the tank and this morning I was surprised to see his gills moving. I can't see anything wrong, so nothing to treat. I think maybe the excessive stress got to him? I'm not sure what to do with him other than just leave him to be. It sucks that he got all this way (and after all that money) and he probably won't make it. I guess thats the gamble we take with the shipping.

I'll try to get pictures of them up soon!