Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #11 
Catfish Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsyqueen View Post
I would take a look at the Maiden head aquatic stores, check out their site you may just find they have a store near you. Their stores are everywhere.
Thanks for the suggestion. My nearest and best local fish store is a Maiden Head Aquatic Store. I find it quite pricey though.
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #12 
horsyqueen

True they can be but they are good quality. For supplies Pets At Home but clean everything alot as i got some sludgy stuff from their gravel last time.
horsyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:13 AM   #13 
Catfish Billy

OK, thanks. I remember having to give away our baby guinea pigs to a Pets at Home store. :(
Old 12-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #14 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Hey, it's Catfish Billy back again. Good to see ya. Where you been, Boyo?
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #15 
Catfish Billy

I was trying to stop being so obsessive about fish-keeping (it was the only thing I ever thought about!). I thought leaving the forum might help. So much for that. XD
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #16 
ollief9

My nearest Maidenhead aquatics is mediocre at best.. the staff don't really seem to care that much and you can tell by the way the store is arranged and the lack of care the fish receive. They do have good plants and supplies though, and I especially like the tanks they have on sale - they are very good value.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #17 
Catfish Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollief9 View Post
My nearest Maidenhead aquatics is mediocre at best.. the staff don't really seem to care that much and you can tell by the way the store is arranged and the lack of care the fish receive. They do have good plants and supplies though, and I especially like the tanks they have on sale - they are very good value.
My nearest Maidenhead Aquatics has a big range of healthy fish, helpful staff and I haven't really looked at their tanks. As I've already said, they don't label their plants which is really annoying.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #18 
ollief9

I recently bought some Rosy Barbs for my 200 liter from Maidenhead and they are quite sick. I guess it just varies from shop to shop because all the other Maidenheads I've been to are much better.
Just out of interest, what fish tanks do you have at the moment?

Oh and also, is it just me or is there a real lack of Bettas in the UK? Most shops I go to have a very small range of them, usually in the standard colours, however over in America they seem to have an abundance of them.

Last edited by ollief9; 12-05-2012 at 11:34 AM.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #19 
Catfish Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollief9 View Post
I recently bought some Rosy Barbs for my 200 liter from Maidenhead and they are quite sick. I guess it just varies from shop to shop because all the other Maidenheads I've been to are much better.
Just out of interest, what fish tanks do you have at the moment?

Oh and also, is it just me or is there a real lack of Bettas in the UK? Most shops I go to have a very small range of them, usually in the standard colours, however over in America they seem to have an abundance of them.
I have a 14 Gallon tank with 6 guppies and 5 neon tetras (and loads of baby guppies). I also have a 9 Gallon tank for my betta, Suzuki. My mum also has a 10 Gallon tank and I have a 2.5 Gallon QT.

Yeah, I noticed the lack of bettas, too! I've only ever seen crowntails, veiltails and one spadetail in the UK. I think generally bettas and fish-keeping is more popular in USA. That's one of the reasons I want to move there when I'm older!

EDIT: Are you a secondary school student? If so, what year are you in? (I'm in Year 8)
Old 12-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #20 
horsyqueen

So true there is a lack of Betta fish. The females all are the same type from what I have seen and most the males are ether deep red or dark blue and thats it. I don't see many of the really pretty Plakats ether :(
horsyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta supplies, england, united kingdom