Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #11 
Eggbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
You said the breeders dont know there stuff on the other thread.
What??? When have I ever said that? Go re-read and get your facts straight. And second of all respect the OP and their thread. You are way off topic here.
Eggbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #12 
ANHEL123

A few of my bettas about 5 years old or may be even a few month more. I don't cycle my tanks (10 tanks) I do mostly 100% water changes and for some tanks i do 1-50 and 1-100% water changes. I feed variety of the food. I do use aged water and i always make sure when i change all my bettas that new water approx.the same temperature as his water. And i don't like temperature warmer than 76*.

ANHEL123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #13 
sandybottom
Reference Team

5+ years. my oldest but on average 3+. atleast 40% protein diets. soak food first. don't over feed, but don't starve him either. i don't do the 2 min. rule of feeding. i just feed them eye sized portions twice daily. a lot of plants and rigorous schedules of water changes and very important water chemistry monitoring. if you can't afford to get testing equipment. i'd say hold off until you can. alot of people lose their bettas to poor water conditions. i always keep them at 78-80. i watch them closely everyday to see any changes in appearance or behavior. usually during morning coffee. i drink a cup in front of each tank to give myself a time limit and some relaxation before i start the day. and i test my tap water before wc to see if municipal water has changed since last time. this step alone has saved me lots of bettas. good luck
sandybottom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #14 
Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbert View Post
What??? When have I ever said that? Go re-read and get your facts straight. And second of all respect the OP and their thread. You are way off topic here.
Don't stress it....I have found that particular member tends to post very random comments all the time. He/sh did that to one of my threads earlier this month.
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #15 
Eggbert

You're right option. Your avatar is beautiful BTW. =]
Eggbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Let's get back on topic please.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #17 
OrangeAugust

I had a betta for over three and a half years, but I didn't take good care of it (at the time I thought I was doing fine). So while it's important to take good care of your betta, there are just some really hardy ones out there who will survive for a long time with no heater and only having water changes when the water looked dirty. eww.
I feel really bad about it now that I know how to properly care for a betta fish.

Last edited by OrangeAugust; 12-03-2012 at 02:20 PM.
OrangeAugust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #18 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....77#post1335477
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #19 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Betta View Post
thanks everyone it sounds to me well heated and filtered lightly,with Plenty of plants and 50% water changes is best way
thats what i've been doing

i think i will read some of the stickies see if there is anything i can learn from them

I have a veiltail who isn't careful with his fins so he often tears them so i'm always having to look out for signs of finrot when i think its not healing i put aq salt in, I like to do 50% water changes every 5 days to make sure water is clean, and i use stress coat, i also put oak leaves in but i think the filter, filters all the tannin from them out

i would like to hear from as many people a possible who have had 3 year old bettas
the more the better so keep posting please
Just take the carbon out of the filter and that will fix your problem. If it's a cartridge just make a small hole in the top and shake it out. You really don't need carbon unless you want to filter out medications.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #20 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would always reccomend live food.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
age betta 3