Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #11 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
Be absolutely sure the stand will hold the weight of your tank. One gallon is about 8 lbs and you have gravel, decor, lights, hoods, etc etc.

I would fill the tank up with everything but the fish and let it sit for a few days to see if it can support it, if you have time/space.
A while ago I had it filled with water, 1" deep gravel, few plants, a decor volcano and had the filter running for a few months. Right now it is being used a bit like a storage bin. And it still has the gravel and the plants in there. It also has several items inside it(non-fish items) It's been like that since....April?
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #12 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
A while ago I had it filled with water, 1" deep gravel, few plants, a decor volcano and had the filter running for a few months. Right now it is being used a bit like a storage bin. And it still has the gravel and the plants in there. It also has several items inside it(non-fish items) It's been like that since....April?
I just pulled my 55 out of the shed after being in there for like 10 years. No leaks (that I can tell) and the stand seems good. Fill and watch (if you can do that outside, def better). If there's a leak you can hopefully determine if it's from the corners which can be fixed easily or a crack which is a little different.

If you just want to test the stand find some friends who weigh about how much it would weigh full and have em sit on it. No broken glass that way.
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #13 
Dameon

By your posts I am assuming that you do not have this tank set up and you are worried about the weight on the stand and the floor?

A 75gal tank is going to weigh over 600lbs...

When it comes to large tanks I have a low opinion of the quality of many of the "tank stands" on the market sold in pet stores. I'd prefer to use metal shelving like the kind you can buy at Lowes/Home Depot or heavy duty furniture. My 50gal is on an old heavy wooden office desk we picked up at a thrift store. It can easily support the weight and does a good job of spreading it out too.

As others have said, up against a wall in a corner will likely give you the best support. Do you know which way the floor joists run in your home?
Dameon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #14 
FishyFishy89

I am NOT worried. The HUSBAND is worried. Please read.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #15 
Kithy

Quote:
We understand that. The information is still the same though, just relay it to him or let him read it here.
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #16 
rafa2k

Quote:
Calm down flamer, people here are just trying to help with the limited information given.
rafa2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #17 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa2k View Post
Calm down flamer, people here are just trying to help with the limited information given.
Im not flaming. And you dont have that much limited information. I gave you just about everything. Read everything.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #18 
rafa2k

Well every question you have posted has been answered. So I am unsubscribing from this thread.
rafa2k is offline   Reply With Quote