Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #91 
birdielikestomatoes

Even though I'm a bit late to the thread I just wanted to say how terribly sorry I am for you. I could never imagine having to give up any of my fish, especially in such a horrid way.

You're a much braver person than I am, if anybody ever threatened my animals in such a way I would have packed up and left to to a relatives house.

I'm glad you're staying on the forum though. Teeney was one of the first bettas I ever read about when I first joined the forums. I remember how excited you were about getting her a 10 gallon.

I'm also glad that Teeney was placed in a good home. It was a truly selfless thing you did.

And of course, as others have said, if you feel like you need someone to speak to I'm always available.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #92 
Perry the platypus

Teeney looks so cute! Why would your dad hurt animals? They have feelings too ya know. I'm very sorry Teeney had to go. That was your only choice. At least you know she's happy! Maybe you can check with the guy every once in a while. I always love animals prettiest to ugliest. Farewell, Teeney.
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #93 
bettaguppybreeder

That is so sad!!! I couldnt imagine giving any of my 3 bettas or 9 guppies away!!!!!
bettaguppybreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #94 
ANHEL123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Whiskers View Post
I have social Anxiety too and was very shy as a kid and my anxiety got worse as I got older too in High School. But when I am around animals I'm not shy anymore and can talk to people too just like you were when you volunteered. Yeah it is wierd for me too.

Animals take the fear and anxiety out of me, so I am going to have my cat and fish certified as "Emotional Support Animals" by my therapist So by law I can live anywhere I want, even in places that say no pets allowed. I wont even have to pay any pet deposits either. You can even take Emotional Support animals to college too If your Betta was already an emotional support animal your dad would not have been able to make you get rid of it. I feel bad for what you had to do. At least your Betta will be in good hands. And I'm glad you are going to stay after all!
I just love what you wrote :)
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #95 
teeneythebetta

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #96 
Viva

Teeney:
The only way to make your dad realize how hurt you are is to tell him straight up or if you think that will cause confrontation you should write him a letter! It might work and even if he doesn't let you get more bettas at least you won't have that weird, icky tension between the two of you. I'm glad you didn't kill your betta :D Just stay strong and stick up for the person you want to be not the person the people around you want to be.

And for all of those people mad at your dad you really need to put it into perspective. Yes he did try and force her to flush her own fish but he was probably mad and people say things when they're mad. Also he was thinking about her health and mental state (she said she was suffering from anxiety). As a parent, you would do anything for your child even and if you're mad and think that a betta fish is part of the problem, sacrificing it wouldn't be that big a deal. Its basic psychology.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #97 
teeneythebetta

He didn't think my betta was the problem.
He knows that taking my animals away is the worst possible thing anyone could ever do to hurt me. Taking away my iPod, phone, computer privelages or tv privelages would suck but not as much as killing my own pet.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #98 
rubinthebetta

I'm so sorry for you! At least Teeny is in a good home.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #99 
Saphira101

so sad! I hope you stay on the forum.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote