Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #1 
meganlbetta

Red face Your Farm Pets??

My family raises double registered miniature horses. We currently have 6

Matt : Grey pinto stallion. 31inches tall. The biggest baby ever!

Spirit : Silver Dun Gelding.. 3 years old He is my baby! first one to handle him since hours old! <3 32inches

Star : Black roan pinto mare... She is our filly as we will not breed her. She is 4 years old and will be our buggy horse. 32inches

Butterschotch : dun mare. She is a drama queen. 32 inches tall and mother of Spirit.

Amy: Black pintoMother of Butter and Star, she is broke to drive and our oldest and tallest horse at 14 years old and 33 3/4 inches tall

Moon : Black pinto piebald mare. 31 inches tall. She is our little barrel looking horse :)

Complete herd dispersal of purepred polled hereford cattle.

Now soo Many barn cats and 3 labs!

Want a Miniature cow herd!!!!
meganlbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #2 
Bar3hooves

Miniatures are very fun! :) My neighbors used to breed them and have about 12 of them. Do you guys drive or get to show them?

Abbe: my 6yo Quarter horse mare. She is chestnut with a star, snip and left, hind sock. She is the biggest corn nut ever! But, she is my buddy and loves to go for trail rides.

Hens: 4 rhode island reds

Daisy: 9yo english mastiff

Miles: Barn kitty

:)
Bar3hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #3 
meganlbetta

Awe cute, I am actually training Spirit this summer for a buggy and we used to show them but the closest town where they show is 3 hours away. My fiance and I are going to import 3 quarter horse crosses from the states eventually. He is from Colorado so we will be bringing his horse and a couple of his moms from the old ranch :)
Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #4 
Saphira101

I'm not really sure how many chickens we have, but we only have one standard-sized (regular) hen (she's a Brahma) all of the rest are assorted bantams (mini chickens <3) we have a lot of different banty breeds, including: bearded D'uccles, Sebright bantams, Cochins, Bantam Auracaunas, bantam Brahmas, and Sicilian Buttercups, plus a bunch of mixed-breeds. ducks: Indian runner ducks, Buff ducks, Rouen ducks, Muscovy ducks, and Khaki Campbell ducks. those are really our only farm pets, unless you count the cats, which are allowed both indoors & outdoors. (the kitties are Mya, Tumbleweed, Phoenix, and Oscar.)

Last edited by Saphira101; 12-13-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #5 
meganlbetta

Wow that is sooo many different breeds! Haha
Old 12-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #6 
aemaki09

I have 3 horses. I used to breed and show but moved away for 3 years so I cut down on my bunch.
7yo APHA registered mare PV Im Dun Outragously aka "classy" - i bred 2 of my old horses when I was 16 to get her my favorite
32yo standardbred gelding "damion" he was a rescue from the Amish, used to be a buggy horse but when my uncle found him he was skin and bones in the back of their barn. He sold him to my dad when I was a baby and my dad have him to me.
12yo Missouri Fox Trotter mare "angel" my dad bought her as a 2yo and decide he wasn't into horses anymore so he gave her to me a couple years ago.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #7 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganlbetta View Post
My family raises double registered miniature horses. We currently have 6

Matt : Grey pinto stallion. 31inches tall. The biggest baby ever!

Spirit : Silver Dun Gelding.. 3 years old He is my baby! first one to handle him since hours old! <3 32inches

Star : Black roan pinto mare... She is our filly as we will not breed her. She is 4 years old and will be our buggy horse. 32inches

Butterschotch : dun mare. She is a drama queen. 32 inches tall and mother of Spirit.

Amy: Black pintoMother of Butter and Star, she is broke to drive and our oldest and tallest horse at 14 years old and 33 3/4 inches tall

Moon : Black pinto piebald mare. 31 inches tall. She is our little barrel looking horse :)

Complete herd dispersal of purepred polled hereford cattle.

Now soo Many barn cats and 3 labs!

Want a Miniature cow herd!!!!
Cool, another Miniature person! I grew up showing Miniatures. We hit Worlds and Nationals. If you get the Journal one of my driving studs was this years National Grand 32" and U Roadster (he's pictured in the Grands pages). Kinda neat. We've won a lot of World and National Championships, but he is our first Grand.

We have about 40 minis, and 2 Arabians. My mom grew up in the Arabians, as did my grandfather. We are starting to go back to them .I haven't shown an Arab for about 10 years, but we're hoping to get a National Western Pleasure contender this spring.

I am jealous you have mini cows. I want a mini cow, and have wanted one for years.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #8 
meganlbetta

That is really cool!!!! We used to go to some of the smaller shows that our club hosted but after a few years it got really expensive. At the time my dad was the only provider while my mom stayed home with us three elementry kids.

Now that we are all older, I want to take over the breeding and start my own herd. We have a couple horses with Little Kings and Scott creek lines. What is your farm name? We are just a small local farm but one day I want to expand. I dont know if you know of Circle J Ranches, they are in Alberta and have 8 black horse hitch, really cute!

My fiance's father actually does vacaro horsemanship( Probably spelled it wrong) but its a spanish type of horsemanship and he trains ranch horses, a workhorse that will do anything you ask of him, I want to learn how to do that too!

I did 4-h for 6 years and loved showing the cows, I want to eventually show miniature cows.

That is really cool to meet a miniature horse person on here!!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #9 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganlbetta View Post
That is really cool!!!! We used to go to some of the smaller shows that our club hosted but after a few years it got really expensive. At the time my dad was the only provider while my mom stayed home with us three elementry kids.

Now that we are all older, I want to take over the breeding and start my own herd. We have a couple horses with Little Kings and Scott creek lines. What is your farm name? We are just a small local farm but one day I want to expand. I dont know if you know of Circle J Ranches, they are in Alberta and have 8 black horse hitch, really cute!

My fiance's father actually does vacaro horsemanship( Probably spelled it wrong) but its a spanish type of horsemanship and he trains ranch horses, a workhorse that will do anything you ask of him, I want to learn how to do that too!

I did 4-h for 6 years and loved showing the cows, I want to eventually show miniature cows.

That is really cool to meet a miniature horse person on here!!
Our farm is Aces Miniatures. www.acesminis.com We used to advertise heavily and show VERY heavily (late 80s-early 00s). We have been cutting back on showing, and quit breeding in 2009. The horses that are winning are not the type of horses we like. The Shetland Pony is taking back over, which is fine, but if we wanted Shetland's we would have gotten Shetlands when we switched from Arabians after 30 years of Arabian horses. That is one of the things driving us back to the Arabians as well.

We have a Buckeroo son, a Dandy son and an Orion son as our herd sires (although they are pasture ornaments now LOL). Our mares are a mix of lines. They are all just chilling in the pasture. Although, a few might get pulled out this summer to hit some local shows with my cousins kids.

I do not know Circle J, but if they show at Nationals or Worlds I have probably seen them. The draft hitch classes have gotten to be a pretty good size.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #10 
NeptunesMom

Forgot to ask. Do you have a website?