Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

tank size effect with tankmates...

Will a larger tank help a semi aggressive male betta tolerate tankmates?

I'm thinking 20gallons long with 4 cory's and his nerites snail. I'm not sure of his tolerance towards other fishes, my only experience consists of him nipping the feelers off his snail...
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #2 
babystarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlyfishies View Post
Will a larger tank help a semi aggressive male betta tolerate tankmates?

I'm thinking 20gallons long with 4 cory's and his nerites snail. I'm not sure of his tolerance towards other fishes, my only experience consists of him nipping the feelers off his snail...
More space can only help, so he won't feel like the other fish are all in his territory. I heavily plant my 20 longs and I find that the fish tend to claim their favorite corner of the tank, which I encourage by places shelters in each corner and tall plants in the middle space.

Also, my bettas ignore smaller ramshorn and MTS snails even when they'll bite the heck out of big mystery snails. It's like the size is the only thing that puts the snails on their radar.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote