Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #1 
Dmsantana

my LFS

He is slowly warming up to me. I went in there to buy more plants for my NPT and just to see what kind of plants he kept in stock since last time I only went to the first couple tanks I saw with the plants in it never went to the back section was nothin really back there though. Well I was telling the guy who normally does not ever talk to me about how I wanted to get a female Betta but would have to get another tank and that would not be for a long long while. Well he was like "you can put male and female together see look" we walked over to a tank that had Male Betta in it he got up on his tiptoes( he is chinese lol) look in and tapped on the tank...no Female. SO eaither the female died or he forgot which tank she was in but I was frowning the whole time. I noticed today though he had put a bunch of his betta's into the bigger tanks instead of those little jar's they had been in <3
Dmsantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #2 
LeoTheLakerBetta

D: I would try and tell him it's not safe to put a male and female together. If he said it's okay I might just shrug lol. I'm not really assertive when it comes to these situations and I don't really have the guts like some of the nice people on here. But it is good that he has moved the bettas into larger tanks. One of the LFS that I have been to has these really small glass vases, probably smaller than the cups at Petsmart or the same size, and are kept in the backish corner where no one really goes. It's horrible! The cups are filthy and are covered in algae. If I had room I think I would save one, but I really don't so I have never gone back to that store. The other LFS that I have been too is great and only has 1 betta on the front desk who looks relatively happy in his 1 gallon nanocube that has nice lookin water. But it still makes me sad. Sorry long rant lol
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #3 
Dmsantana

Lol I Attempted to tell himfemales and males should not be kept together for fear of death or babies >.> lol. but he persisted to tell me they could and even went to the length tto show me. He is a nice guy and takes very good care of all his tanks he was cleaning them when I was there. I did happen to get a female and got a tank spilter for my 10 Gallon. Just because I've only ever seeen white females and not the darker colors with some color to them . but yeah he had only about 4 in those very small enough just to keep them wet glasses and the other in actual tanks and they looked very happy
Dmsantana is offline   Reply With Quote