Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #1 
sandrac8388

King Betta

Hello all!

I received a king betta as an anniversary present from my boyfriend (who threatened to leave me and kick me out if I brought home another betta LOL, I have 7, eight now with the king). Anywho, does anyone have any tips on how to care for one, if its any different. How many pellets to feed? Any precautions? A more varied diet? He is huge! He is a bit discolored and clamped up so hopefully within the next week or few weeks he colors up and relaxes!

Thanks for your help!
sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #2 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrac8388 View Post
Hello all!

I received a king betta as an anniversary present from my boyfriend (who threatened to leave me and kick me out if I brought home another betta LOL, I have 7, eight now with the king). Anywho, does anyone have any tips on how to care for one, if its any different. How many pellets to feed? Any precautions? A more varied diet? He is huge! He is a bit discolored and clamped up so hopefully within the next week or few weeks he colors up and relaxes!

Thanks for your help!
hahaha my bf is strict compared to yours! They just need a little more room, and a few more pellets. It's not very different, really. It's kinda like having a breed of dog that's bigger than what you are used to :)
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 AM   #3 
homegrown terror

+1 to what finnfinn said, plus remember that they can sometimes tend to be more shy, so give them plenty of hiding spots, and try to put their plants mostly on on either side of the tank with a wide open space in the middle of the tank for them to "cruise."
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #4 
sandrac8388

He is in a hospital tank for observation. With a cave and a few plants. I will be buying him a 10 gallon and will make it a planted tank for him! I'm so excited. He is super cute and super hungry. Poor thing! I've been feeding him about 7-8 pellets. He got his first tase of frozen brine shrimp and didn't like it. He will only eat pellets and dried blood worms. I will continue to try. Thanks for your help!!
sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote