Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #1 
Myates

Silly boyfriend...

Have my "mystery" pair in the spawn tank (mystery as in unsure what will come of these two) and my boyfriend figured to give them some mood music and record them lol...

I will be releasing them shortly - instantly lots of flirting, no aggression, and within 5 minutes he had been trying to get her over to the IAL leaf/bubble wrap.
So maybe the mood music worked

(May have to turn down volume - he had the music going on from his pc on the other side of the room)

Video one - I love it at about :38 he goes by her and she just stops and watches him swim by lol

Video two
Attached Images

Last edited by Myates; 12-05-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

LOL at the music in the background.

Nice pair :) I bred my cellophone and now she is turquoise :/
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #3 
Myates

Thanks!

Mine is turning black lol.. her head is now black along with a butterfly pattern on her fins o.O She got her name (Moon Child) because she was pale and "glowed" in the dark with just a faint light.

So last night I started singing the Ebony and Ivory song whenever I saw her... lol
Old 12-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #4 
Butterfly

WOW I LOVE the male. His little side fins(ears?) are so cute :3 your female is adorable.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #5 
Sena Hansler

haha funny how the females change colors... My nana did not recognize the female since last time she saw her she was clear finned with no color.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #6 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Dumbo ear HM - he's gorgeous. They should produce lots of gorgeous fry.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #7 
sandybottom
Reference Team

do you think if i put barry white on and start wigglin' around the room, my boyfriend will notice?
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #8 
hannah16

Myates, are you in the US? If so, and you ship, if you get any big ear males please let me know. I've been looking for a nice one since I fell in love with this AB betta in my picture!
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #9 
Oldfishlady

How neat...it was almost like they moved to the music...lol....

Love that Dumbo ear...he is beautiful....I have always wanted to get one of those myself.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #10 
Myates

Thank you guys :) He was a Petco find.. went there looking for a red boy, came out with him.

Still dancing with the girl.. she's been released since this morning. Only a few nips on his dorsal and tail, she's just fine. He's been building a nest all day nonstop.. some chasing in between.

She has been really interested, been going under the nest every chance she gets, going up to him and wiggling a little.. but he will dance for a moment then chase her.. hope they get their act straight soon! lol

And yes Hannah, I plan to ship here in the US - my FB groups/friends and forum members get first dibs on any of my spawns before I post to AB/Ebay/newspaper.. any culls or ones not sold are going to a semi-local pet store. :) Will keep updates on the spawn once they actually spawn - will create a log. If interested, just msg me and I can send a link to my FB page where I am reachable easier.

After this spawn going to work on some oranges, and depending upon what I get from these, hoping at some point get some orange, red, yellow big ears going in the future :)