Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #11 
Joie

Ok , I wont forget, and yes they get all their water from the kitchen sink.Thank you :)
Joie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #12 
AyalaCookiejar

You're welcome! Keep us updated!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #13 
Joie

I don't even know how but I came to check on Proteus, and he has died I have no idea how this happened.I need help figuring out how he died.I'm thinking he might have had a weak immune system from the start,cause the other fish Roku is right as rain in that water.The only things that I notice on him are his back is a tad crooked but its been like that since I got him probably cause hes a doubletail,hes a little round probably from eating but he always takes big healthy poops regularly and wasn't clamped or acting different.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #14 
AyalaCookiejar

I'm very sorry. :( Sometimes it's hard to tell why these things happen. You did the best you could, though.
I have found that some fish are very hardy, and others are not, for whatever reasons I do not know. I have seen some survive in one gallon tanks with no water changes for months, and others who easily get sick even in the very best conditions.
He will be happy that he passed in good care instead of in the little dirty cups they keep them in at the pet stores. They do appreciate it.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #15 
Joie

Yes,I suppose you are right ,Its so sad he was one of my favorites when I stuck my finger in his water he use to swim around and next to it and he would touch my finger I guess sort of in the way a cat rubs on your leg ,I'll definitely miss him.But yeah again he seemed to be getting better,and looking at him again it got worse before he died so I'm guessing he tried to fight it off but couldn't unfortunately.Thank you,that made me feel a little better,I think he did too.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #16 
Agility4fun

Oh, sorry to hear about Proteus. Sounds like you did all you could.
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote