Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #31 
sunstar93

Lol my Leo is the same way...when I had ghost shrimp with him (a long time ago lol) he let one hitch a ride on his back!! If that's not a placid betta then I don't know what is! And yeah, Ghosties can go in pretty much anything!! And not sure if they can be put with RCS..I would think so? But I'm not really a shrimp expert. Aokashi wrote a thread about shrimp so maybe ask them?
And aw! A rose! So cute!
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #32 
Hershey

What an interesting little guy. xD

Aww, how sweet. c:
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #33 
twolovers101

So I asked on the shrimp thread and Aokashi said that it'd be fine to put RCS in with ghosties! :D So I guess I'll be ordering some after the holidays ^^

*excited face*
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #34 
Hershey

Who d'ya order from?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #35 
twolovers101

I've actually never ordered aquarium stuff online before, but I've been researching aquabid and liveaquaria... there's one on AQ that's selling 10 RCS and a bunch of susswassertang for 20$ and I've always wanted some suss... xD

I'll have to look more into it after Christmas anyway, I don't have the time right now to order something, wait for it, acclimate it and such before I leave on a 3 week vacation (taking my boys with me of course they have 2.5 gal travel tanks) So I'll just have to wait until after break
Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #36 
Hershey

Ah. I see.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #37 
LeoTheLakerBetta

That is a cool idea: travel tanks. But for 3 weeks it makes sense lol
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #38 
twolovers101

Yeah, I have 2 2.5 gal glass tanks that come with me when I'm going to be out of town for an extended period of time. I usually go bare-bottom with them and buy a few plants while I'm in town (gives me a good excuse to get more xD) I could probably get the cheaper kritter keepers, but I like the look of the glass ones and they're pretty sturdy, I can also use them as display tanks for new family members if I have nice ones ready to go xD
Old 12-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #39 
twolovers101

Meh

Shosta got sick again (same issue I think) so I went with the AQ salt this time around and after a day and a half he's already unclamped and happy again... lol I don't know what is up with this guy, still can't see anything wrong with him, though he did have a cloudy eye issue... I think he may have had external parasites living on his eyes... which the formalin and malachite green may have helped... but I don't think it killed it. I'm hoping the AQ salt will be more effective as I have to go to a wedding that's a 4 hour drive out of town and will be spending the following days there so I have to let him out of his cup by Wednesday at noon.... he should be better by then... right? xD

MY LIFE has been all kinds of stressful this week... projects, concerts, and JURIES omg juries!! They actually went really well for me this semester (if you don't know what a jury is, it's like a final for music people where we get up in front of all our professors and perform for them for a grade for the entire semester) I got A's from all my teachers and some compliments from the most difficult one to please ^^

SENIOR COMPS (comprehensive exams that all music majors have to take their sophomore and junior year) were the most stressful exams I've ever had.... What happens is this:

PART ONE
You come 30 minutes before your exam time and get about 25 minutes to study 3 music scores that you've never seen before, you have to identify anything of significance in the music, and be able to state the era it was composed in (baroque, classical, romantic etc) what type of work it is, and who composed it.
PART TWO
You are played 3 sections of music and have to identify what type of work it was, the size of the ensemble playing it, what era it was composed in, and possible composers

You have to do all of this ORALLY in front of 20+ professors from the school of music while they are sitting and staring at you like some perverse classroom.

professors + my private lesson teacher who was giving me hints the whole time <3 (guess which one he is!)
---------------------------------

-------
<----- petrified me
^ professor playing music

*except my desk was centered in the room and the professor playing music was WAY off to my left*

Don't know the results from that... I've been burned out from studying and FINALS are next week *sigh*
Old 12-11-2012, 11:28 PM   #40 
twolovers101

Done!

I am DONE with finals! well... at least for another semester anyway, I'm off to a wedding tomorrow, Shosta and his shrimpy friends are happy and enjoying each other, and I get to take another 30 minutes of private lessons each week! 1.5 hours here I come!

I have discovered something important... there are a few "hardy" plants that I kill... they must not like my water or something, I have no idea...

I can't grow Anubias, hornwort, or anacharis... go figure but my banana lilly THRIVES no joke, the thing has 5 leaves now, 5!

And what's a post without a few pictures! I managed to snap a few of Shosta flaring and showing off his beard, don't be deceived, it's actually quite large, it just curls up under his chin xD

I know the quality is awful, I'm just not good at taking pictures of fish yet lol
Attached Images