Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #191 
tanseattle

Hi Dragon,

Yes, the yellow, orange, black is the male koi (he also has two other colors too: orange and white)
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #192 
keith1964

I had been following-up on your spawning log, I am in South Africa and the types of betta are extremely rare. I managed to get hold of someone who started importing these variety of bettas like DT, HM, Plakats and Dragon. He eventually imported some of these varieties which I have now set-up my own breeding programme since June 2012. I am currently the only one in South Africa currently breeding CT Black, HM White & Plakats. What I have noticed from all my spawns are that the plakat fry are much more aggressive at such a young age.
keith1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #193 
tanseattle

Nice to meet you Keith
Old 12-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #194 
tanseattle

Back up pair (3rd pair)

These two are my back up pair (pair #3):
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #195 
aemaki09

1st and 3rd pairs are my favorite!!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #196 
tanseattle

To breed or not to breed, that is the question.

Three of my new pairs are under conditioning. I just want to prepare them for breeding.

Everything is still up in the air to breed or not to breed because my wife has a problem with to buy or not to buy a second house. If we buy a new house, it will be 800sf bigger. I will have a full-time fish room. If we buy a new house soon, then I may have to delay breeding. My wife can not make up her mind to buy or not to buy a second house.

I also have a problem to move or not to move. I was thinking about finding a teaching (chemistry/biology) job in Houston TX. If we move to TX then it is not worth to buy a second house now. TX house is big 2-3 bigger than and also 2-3 time cheaper than Seattle. Teacher salary in TX is almost the same as in Seattle. Living condition is much cheaper.

If we stick 5-10 year longer in Seattle, then it is worth it to buy a house now...

So many question, but I am thinking about convincing my wife go ahead and buy a second house in Seattle. Since her parents are old and they are Seattle. I think we will move to Texas in 5-10 years after the parents are gone, which is much easier than for my wife to move.

Well if in the next few days we decided to buy a new house, then I will wait to breed my pairs in the new house and have beautiful baby bettas for sale by May and F2 generation by August.

To be cont....
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #197 
marktrc

hurry up and buy a new house with a big fish room already. i want to see your fancy spawn log. =)
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #198 
Option

I just moved out of houston a few years ago. Yes, cost of living is dirt cheap. But the heat.....after 7-yrs there I still couldn't get use to the summer heat. And it's ghetto there, had my car stolen TWICE in 12 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanseattle View Post
To breed or not to breed, that is the question.

Three of my new pairs are under conditioning. I just want to prepare them for breeding.

Everything is still up in the air to breed or not to breed because my wife has a problem with to buy or not to buy a second house. If we buy a new house, it will be 800sf bigger. I will have a full-time fish room. If we buy a new house soon, then I may have to delay breeding. My wife can not make up her mind to buy or not to buy a second house.

I also have a problem to move or not to move. I was thinking about finding a teaching (chemistry/biology) job in Houston TX. If we move to TX then it is not worth to buy a second house now. TX house is big 2-3 bigger than and also 2-3 time cheaper than Seattle. Teacher salary in TX is almost the same as in Seattle. Living condition is much cheaper.

If we stick 5-10 year longer in Seattle, then it is worth it to buy a house now...

So many question, but I am thinking about convincing my wife go ahead and buy a second house in Seattle. Since her parents are old and they are Seattle. I think we will move to Texas in 5-10 years after the parents are gone, which is much easier than for my wife to move.

Well if in the next few days we decided to buy a new house, then I will wait to breed my pairs in the new house and have beautiful baby bettas for sale by May and F2 generation by August.

To be cont....
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:10 AM   #199 
tanseattle

Tonight my wife went back to one of the houses that we wanted to make an offer last month but someone beat us to it. Well what you know that house is back on the market. We made an offer for it 5 minutes later. The offer is solid. I hope we will get that house. We both love it when we first saw it a month ago.

If we got that house, we will have 50% bigger space than our current house. There will be 1 bed room more and an extra garage space. So I will have a big fish room and also an exercise area with a table tennis.

The good thing is that I delay my winter spawn. I hope to get back to spawn in February. Most likely we will not move into the new house until February 1 if every thing goes smoothly.

Oh well from spawn log to home purchasing log. Sorry betta lover but this is a journey with stop sign and a little detour to my next spawn.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #200 
tanseattle

4th Pair

What do you think of my 4th pair of the fancy collection?
Attached Images