Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #81 
Hallyx
Reference Team

While learning about cycling, I researched as many articles as I could find online. Whenever I found agreement or consensus I considered that good advice and I eliminated outlier viewpoints.

The three how-to-cycle articles posted here all agree in principle and, to a great part, in the details. The three articles are by Olympia, OldFishLady and imntbatman. Nobody reading these should be confused; in fact the reader should be further enlightened and educated in cycling lore.

Bahamut's illustrated guide teaches the fundamentals of the the nitrogen cycle that the other three articles show how to do. It is an important, in fact indispensable addition to the 'how-to' guides.
Hallyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #82 
dramaqueen
Banned

Right.The 3 articles should have plenty of info to help people learn about cycling. Zoe's pictures will help i people if they need a little extra help on how things work.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #83 
dramaqueen
Banned

No, my comment was not meant to be negative. Hopefully, all 3 guides can work together to help people understand cycling. As far as how many views a thread gets wouldn't matter to me. I've written stickies and never even paid any attention to how many views it has.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #84 
rafa2k

Awesome post. I was trying to explain to my 5 year old daughter about this cycle because she kept asking why the tank is still sitting there with no fish. I showed her your illustration, her first reaction of course was to laugh and say "eww poop". But this was a great help in getting her to understand what she now refers to as the yellow and the purple bacteria, as well as why daddy moves so many buckets of water around. BIG THANKS!!!
rafa2k is offline   Reply With Quote