Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #1 
AyalaCookiejar

Question Question about moving..

This is about my brothers tank, not mine.
He is going to be moving soon and it's about an hour drive. He has a ten gallon heated tank with two loaches, a molly and a pleco, and was wondering how he would move them here.

Again, I don't really know anything about his fish but it isn't my tank so if he's got his tank overstocked or something.. You can tell me and I'll try to pass it on but please don't yell at me for his tank.

I'm afraid that if he doesn't find a way to transport them here, he's going to do nothing with them and they will all die. The two loaches are like best friends and I always see them huddled together under the only decoration he has in his tank. He only has one because his fish hide under it all the time. I was wondering if he'd be able to transport them in a smaller dark container together? What would he do with the other two fish?

I think he has a cooler that he could put them in and insulate them in to try to keep the water as warm as possible. I think he also keeps in pretty warm in his car.

Any help is appreciated. I'd like to tell him what his options are so he can start planning. I don't want his fish to suffer because of this move..
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

Tupperware or Rubbermaid tubs that have a lid, punch a hole or two in the top. Put the tank water in it, add the filter media so it stays wet & the BB doesn't die. Secure the tub in a manner that it won't slide around. An hour won't hurt them, may stress them some. The only thing would be if he can't get the tank set back up right away, he'd have to set up the filter or air line & heater in the tub until he could get the 10g set up.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #3 
AyalaCookiejar

Thank you. He's also got two kids so I'm not sure the fish will be his top priority. Hopefully I'll be around to help.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote