Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #11 
MidTnBetta

These are the goldfish. She finally added me so I could see them. This would be a temporary thing that they'd be in with him. They're not fancy. Just regular feeders. She said she got them for her oscar to eat and these are the 4 he didn't eat. They apparently were smart enough to hide. I haven't been able to get to a friend's house yet to get her 20 gallon tank. The goal with the 20g will be to either set that up as a community tank and have my 10 split for the two bettas, or split the 20 and use the 10 as a community. They'd be in with my betta for a week, 2 at the most. I've got a gravel siphon so that's no problem for me. This is all just a temporary situation until I can get them by themselves. I'm more worried about Coop picking on them instead of the other way around. My 10g came with all the goldfish stuff, so I've got everything already for them, just gotta keep an eye. I've got the 1g bowl if I absolutely have to separate them or put Coop in time out.
MidTnBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #12 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

For four common goldfish, I'd say an ideal of 125 gallons tank wise (6 feet long), but no less than 100 gallons. If you can't commit to that level of care, I'd just avoid them.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #13 
sandybottom
Reference Team

i'd be more worried to wake up and find my betta with no fins gasping for air at the bottom of the tank. goldfish are carp and will eat anything they can. and you can't watch them 24/7. all i can say here is if it were me. i'd steer clear. good luck.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote