Betta Fish Forum banner

lover,not a fighter....

2K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  JMeenen 
#1 ·
Hello all! my betta's name is Litebrite Littlepoop, and he like it when i 'pet' him(and by that i mean i put my fingure in and he nuzzles me, also like his back tickled) he makes snapping sounds under water when we are near the bowl(by pulling his head WAY back, then letting it snap back) until we come over and see him. he is the strangest fish i have ever met. he like sthe clarinet(i'm guessing it's a certain vibration he feels in the water....when it is played he swoons) and he has almost a brainy looking growth on his forehead......i love Litebrite very much, and am glad that he is so interactive.....i just want to make sure nothing is wrong with him....
he is so good, he sits by my feet on the coffee table when i read, just drifts up and down in his bowl....watching me. i wrote a song for him and he likes that too....he'll come up and tilt so his one eye is facing me.
anyone ever heard of these things? is my fish insane? or sick?

#2 ·
Lol probably just insane.

I saw the pictures of him of the betta photo thread... And I noticed his 'brainy growth" before I even read this post... It's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like all the scales stick up?? Can you get a different picture? And post it a little smaller this time :wink: Haha, just open your picture in a program like... We'll go with paint because everyone has that. When you have it opened in paint go to image in the top bar along with file, edit, ect. and click stretch/skew Then play around with the width and height until the picture is an appropriate size. Try just putting 50 in both boxes first and see how that works out.

#3 ·

there you go, Litebrite Littlepoop.....
he is now having trouble swimming down from the top of his tank....i went and got him some fishy medicine(under the instruction of my fish store professional) but he's still behaving strangly. the fish lady says he might have a tumour.....yeesh, i sure hope not....i dont know how him passing away will go over, i was a wreck for weeks about my guinea pig, Bear....he died of old age, and lived a great life(very spoiled and snuggled) but then again, i get misty when i see a dead tree for crying out loud...Litebrite has been eating splitpeas mixed with his bloodworms....it's a green and brown paste that i have to feed him off the tip of my finger....because that's the only way he will eat right now...the food just sinks too fast and he cant get down to it. he darts sometimes around spitting bubbles and looking pale....i'm so worried.

#5 ·
:lol: Words cannot describe how much I LOVE this fishes name!!!

Sorry to do this AGAIN but how about a picture from the side?

It could be a tumor... But really thats almost impossible to diagnose in a fish, without a biopsy of course.

But now you say he is having trouble swimming? It could be kidney or swim bladder problems... I almost want to say this looks like dropsy because his scales are raised... But he isn't bloated so that eliminates dropsy.

You should really buy some betta pellets, blood worms should be more of a treat then his diet.

Care to share some information?
Such as tank size, water parameters, temperature, how long you've had littlepoop, ect. Sorry if you have already posted this information! Also did he have this growth when you got him?

#6 ·
i have had Litebrite sonce feb of this year( valintine's day, my birthday...he was my birthday baby!) he is currently residing in a 7 gallon bowl, he does not have a heater, but my pat is very warm(i have steam heat and it stays on year round) the growth appeared about 6 weeks ago, we were reading a superman comic and he poked his head right out of the water, that's when i saw it.(he likes superman...) i treat his water with a two step cleanser(it takes the yucky tap water chemicals out and promotes good bacteria growth...made special for our betta buddies...of coarse) and i give him a betta fin conditioner when he looks shaggy...this is not a case of over medication with the conditioner, i follow the instructions to the letter, and it's main ingredient is melaleuca oil and aloe.) today, he has taken to a strange posture....he is crumpled like an S shape....but he straightens out when he is swimming around. but he is still dwelling right at the top of his bowl....will get more pictures soon....possibly later today, if my batteries will charge....stoopid technology. oh, and thank you for loving his name...he got it because although he is red, when the light is filtered through his fins, he has green dots between his fin spikes(the bits that hold the webbing of his fins up) he looks like a Litebrite....and his last name Littlepoop....well, he's little and he makes little poop.

#7 ·
I'm interested in seeing more pictures for sure.

I'm sorry but the way to describe it, it doesn't sound good :(

Theres a lot of things a lump could be, and its VERY hard to diagnose. You must keep your eye on it and see if it's getting bigger.

#9 ·
My heart is breaking

Sadly after much struggle, Litebrite Littlepoop has passed away 9:30 pm on July 21st 2008. He died peacefully, and surrounded by his family. He blew a couple final bubbles,then he was gone. he will be burried tomorrow, i got him a little metal casket...it's actually a keychain, but it fits him perfect. thank you for all your help.
sad,
patrice

#17 ·
He was only a fish that brought you much joy and had the coolest name ever :( No worries about what your friend says, I probably would have cried if that happened to my betta.

Litebright Littlepoop, A dear friend and fish, he will be missed!

#19 ·
i will get another...when the time is right...for now, i will put his house and toys and other little things away...i dont want to rush into another pet right away...just a little time to appreciate that he was wonderful, but now is gone. i'll know who my next special little guy will be when i see him. when i met Litebrite, i knew we would get along and everything was just right. animals are not just pets to me, they are family, they are my room-mates....they are an investment of love as well as labour. i take my plants just as serious(unlike Litebrite, they dont like superman comics, so i read them ray bradburry and poppy z. brite instead.) i am also looking into getting some african grey parrots....but fish are my love...bettas in particular. which pet store do you all recomend as being the nicest to their fish? some of the places are so terrible to see how they treat these lovely little gifts. one store i went to had a big guy in a tiny tube fish bowl, shaped like a ring! poor thing, and even more still, there were dead ones everywhere! i will not go back to THAT house of death and hurt! i have made a complaint though, to the mangers and head offices of this store(i will not mention names....as this would be libel)

#20 ·
It's really hard to say, you would have to go to different places and test it out for yourself. I can tell you right now, pet stores that only have a small little fish section will probably not be very good. Places like walmart are crap. You'll want a place that deals with mostly fish.

I could recommend a place such as... Big als, but how would I know that the one in your area is any good? Sure its a huge name, but they are franchises and whos to say the person who runs the place does a good job.

You'll have to shop around and find a place you like, you may even want to try asking the staff some questions that you already know the answers too and see what they tell you. Thats a good way to know for sure if your going to be buying your fish from knowledgable people who give a hoot about fish, and not just money.

Also, good job on making a complaint. Never hesitate from giving those people a piece of your mind, sometimes you'll find they simply just didn't know any better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.