Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #21 
coolprave

So i tried Breeding my 1st pair but it was unsuccessful the mail isnt making a bubble nest but he flairs at the female alot i put the mail in the breeding tank and after putting him their he became very clam and quite so i changed the water thought somfin to do with the water waited till he settled down in the tank put the female in and trapped her in a bottle for the male to c he only keeps flaring nothing else no Bubble nest even what could be the prob
coolprave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #22 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Most of my current males don't bother with nests. As long as he's flirt swimming and the female reacting to his behavior - they will breed. But if both are "fight" flaring . . . don't release the female.

Most people here don't keep the male in the breeding tank long term because it may make the male aggressive, defending his territory. I always keep the male in the breeding tank long term, sometimes for ever (the good daddies). That being said, you can try keeping the male in the breeding tank and let him establish his "home" until he is ready to breed.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #23 
Myates

I have a pair in the tank now too, separated. This male is young and has never made a nest before.. he is attempting to now, but not quite got the hang of it yet. But lots and lots of flirting.. so he may not make a nest until it's time to actually breed, which may be the case with yours too. Just keep an eye on them and watch their body language and see.. if you notice flirting and him trying to get her to go to a certain location then he is probably ready. Mine kept trying to lead her to the leaf/bubble wrap within 5 minutes of being introduced (still separated).. but the next time it could take days. Just never know with these guys.

How long did you condition them, and how did you condition them? Were they able to see each other during the conditioning? Is the tank new to both of them?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #24 
coolprave

i conditioned them for over 1 week and they were in their own tanks next to each other so they could c each other everyday so i set the female with my Double tail gonna breed them today the female looks like she is about to explode full of eggs and my boy has made a big bubble nest so Friday is the day

il keep u posted Thanks for the advice
coolprave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #25 
Myates

Try having it to where they can't see each other, nor other fish for at least a few days prior to breeding the next time you breed and see how they react then.

Crossing my fingers for you :) Good luck!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote