Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #11 
Haseo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiQue View Post
You're doing good.. Just continue to monitor the situation. Do you have API Stress Coat on hand? That would help along with the salt. I'd defer to the more experienced members whether or not epsom salt would be useful in your case, as I've read you use that for internal troubles.. Do you think he's on his side due to having only an inch of water in the bowl (too little water and they can have issues righting themselves)?
I dont have any stress coat, and its enough water for him to be upright. He is just laying down on the bottom, I went ahead and put the epson salt in and I have his bowl floating in the tank. I was worried about him getting cold.
Haseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #12 
Haseo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
I have no medical advice, but wanted to say when I was little we had a tornado come through, and in the commotion my betta got knocked to the ground. I do not know how long he was out of the water, but he was out until the storm passed. My mom thought he was dead so she scooped him up in toilet paper and threw him back into the little bit of water remaining. He started swimming around. He lived 5 years, and that was probably about 1 year into us having him. They are resilient little fish. I felt awful when I found out what happened years later. I never knew his bowl had fallen. But, again, the moral is they are tougher little guys. Good luck. I bet he will be fine.
That makes me feel a little better thanks for sharing that with me.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #13 
Haseo

He survived through the night... But he is still really weak