Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #441 
MellC

Sparrowhawk, I don't know what you would call your abilities, I have some of the same ones too, but stupidly I don't listen to myself often enough lol.

RoMay- better you than me.... You couldn't get me into that hotel now that I know what it's built on.... With my luck I'd end up seeing something I don't want to see... I try to avoid those situations at all costs. Was the man in regalia? Do you know how old the reported burial ground is, as in when was the last reported burial? I ask because if the person was dressed in modern clothes and the last burial was in the 17 or 1800's then chances are either the video is a hoax or your ghost is of another nationality, or they could still be burying the dead close to the hotel. Either way I wouldn't want to be there.

ChocolateBetta- You seem like your preverbal "hackles" are raised. No one is trying to make you believe in something you choose not to believe in. But you are right a lot of people hear the house settling at night and jump to the conclusion that theirs a ghost. But some stuff just cannot be explained by science, even scientists are saying so now a days, and it has nothing to do with mental disorders, and just because someone is mentally disabled doesn't mean what they say they are seeing isn't in truth their... or that such people are not preceptive/intelligent. If I come across as being nasty I apologize, I'm not angry or in a bad mood, I just have a splitting headache.

Per chance you don't know what the preferred depth of water for a beta is do you? I went to get a medical tank for two of my tetras, and spotted Bettas in a cup and had to rescue one and the other just caught my attention.

My problem is I put the one with lots of personality in my 20gal and prayed it would work out. It didn't and one of my fish started nipping his fins...

So I got a breeder box and a plastic divider screen, and switched the betas tanks. The red one (Alfred-Red) is in the breeder box-net thingy, and the blue one (Alfred-Blue) is in the 2.5gal with his heater and filter. Both seem happy in their new homes, but I feel guilty leaving Alfred-Red in the breeder. But I have a large log that spans the entire length of the tank and my community loves it, so I don't want to and can't take it out to divide the tank.

So I thought with some silicone I can get out of PetSmart, and the plastic divider I can make another box thats bigger then the one he's in so he will have space and protection, plus he's a bit on the shy side and seems to enjoy small spaces. He also seems to enjoy the big tank and watching the goings on of the rest of my fish family.

If you have any clue as to the how deep the new box should be that would be great! And very appreciated.
MellC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #442 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am stating my Opinions everyones minds are different so we see stuff differtly. Your posts were nicely worded. I live with Mental disorders.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #443 
Sena Hansler

My belief: whether involving religion, ghosts, magic, science... Someone tries to shove it down my throat I shut them down hard usually. Or shut them out. It's like trying to preech without really caring how much those words hurt other people. "Crazy" people aren't always wrong. "Normal" people aren't always right ;)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #444 
RoMay

Whether or not religion,ghosts, magic or what not exists is up to each persons beliefs and we shouldn't expect another person to believe the same. As for science we know science exists but it does not mean that science is always right. Science though has proved there is a world we can't see so you know maybe, maybe not; but to each their own.

And normal is a term used for someone who just can't admit their weird.

@MellC no chance the vid was a hoax. If there was someone standing there physically I would have known it. At the time that this happened was before the age of reliable Photoshop. Plus the time between them confronting me and the time it occurred there wouldn't be enough time. As for what he was wearing, I would say he was wearing some Native American clothing but I don't know what era. He was older, plenty of wrinkles but his hair was still dark. He was husky about my height 5 foot 4, arms crossed and didn't look to happy. Yup, this all appeared on camera.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #445 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
My belief: whether involving religion, ghosts, magic, science... Someone tries to shove it down my throat I shut them down hard usually. Or shut them out. It's like trying to preech without really caring how much those words hurt other people. "Crazy" people aren't always wrong. "Normal" people aren't always right ;)
Sorry not trying to cram it down your throat. I am tired of painful pills with Side effects that can effect me even when I stop taking them. I might see ghosts that are not there at this rate.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #446 
RoMay

@ChoclateBetta so are you saying you see ghosts off meds or you'll become one with the ghosts if you continue the meds?

Personally if you think you see ghosts and you know your solid in mind don't think you should be taken meds. You should be seriously questioning why you told someone. Really if you ask me you shouldn't say anything weird at all unless you're a danger to yourself and others.

Remember fish are great at keeping secrets.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #447 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am Pretty sure one of my meds is ADHD meds. One of the long term side effects is scizopermia. I have always worried about the side effects. Like my Anti Deppressants dont get rid of those days I dont want to live.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #448 
RoMay

XD But uh seriously don't kill, living is a great f you to all the people who don't like you. Plus being an old ghost you can scare people better, especially come christmas season.

Last edited by Tazman; 12-08-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: EDITED FOR LANGUAGE = MODERATOR
Old 12-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #449 
Sena Hansler

Lol it was not meant at you, Choclate. It's kind of directed at a good number of people. Like the nilly people who think they are contacting ghosts when really they are just a bunch of scared school girls (has happened) or the person who wants me to be christian (not happening), and at the time magic was bogus. etc etc I'm just going to hop off this thread, it WAS fun but now it's not.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #450 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Oh okay.