Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #21 
LittleBlueFishlets

Yay about the oak leaves helping! Could the lump be a bruise from his previous injuries? Does it look any different today than it did yesterday?
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #22 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
Yay about the oak leaves helping! Could the lump be a bruise from his previous injuries? Does it look any different today than it did yesterday?
:) King Dedede never got slapped on the tail or near the tail. I just noticed it today. it's black and tumor-like but small
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #23 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
I might give up with the dog idea
good
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #24 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
good

but the bad part about my parents is that they will care for a dog but not a fish SPECIES-IST!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #25 
Little Leaf

darn it! my parents removed the oak leaves and now King Dedede is breathing heavily again! I'm gonna go and bang my head on the wall. I'm so frustrated right now...
Old 12-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #26 
Sena Hansler

Do not bring a dog into that situation. Personally I say wait for a few years before getting a dog. Doesn't sound like the parents care enough - and that won't be fair to you to take care of the pets and they don't. They might, but should that be risked?

Oak leaves are a good substitute. :) good job! Keep using them for a week or so... Wean him off slowly. No need to send him into shock
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #27 
Little Leaf

I feel guilty.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #28 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
I feel guilty.
Don't feel guilty. You're doing everything you can to help him. You're doing an *excellent* job of caring for him.

As for the oak leaves, it's OK. They release things into the water that are good for him -- and those things will still be in the water even after the leaves are removed.

Yes, it would be good it the leaves stayed in, because they'd release MORE of the 'good stuff,' but if they were in the water awhile, hopefully, there will be some beneficial substances in there now.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #29 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
Don't feel guilty. You're doing everything you can to help him. You're doing an *excellent* job of caring for him.

As for the oak leaves, it's OK. They release things into the water that are good for him -- and those things will still be in the water even after the leaves are removed.

Yes, it would be good it the leaves stayed in, because they'd release MORE of the 'good stuff,' but if they were in the water awhile, hopefully, there will be some beneficial substances in there now.
But since my parents won't help with my fish, I feel like a fish killer... I don't think I really deserve a betta or any kind of fish, really. I don't even think I'd be good with having any animal...
Old 12-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #30 
callistra

Your parents are fish killers. It's not your fault. I'm sorry they won't let you take care of your fish.. I wonder why? I think you deserve a fish, but maybe wait to get a pet until you're old enough to be able to take care of it on your own and not have to rely on your parents.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breath, heavy breathing, hurt?, sos!!, worry