Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2012, 02:08 AM   #1 
Sparrowhawk

Gamers: What do you play?

The title's pretty self-explanatory, I guess, hehe. But to add a few more questions to hopefully spark some discussion:

Console or PC?

PC gamers, what type of game do you prefer? Recommendations for anyone with the same preferences who may not have heard of your favourite titles?

Console gamers, same question, and also which is your favourite console?

For myself, I've been a PC gamer for most of my life, with a preference for FPS and MMOs (admittedly, an ex-WoW addict) but recently have developed a love for MOBA games and am currently spending a lot of my time on League of Legends.

I never had a console until a few years ago when I purchased a second-hand Playstation 2 solely for Singstar and Guitar Hero, but more recently my partner, who spoils me rotten, bought me an XBox and a multitude of games as an early birthday present (and a Naga mouse, yayyyy, but I'll get back to consoles) and I haven't quite figured out what I prefer yet. I thoroughly enjoyed Dragon Age: Origins and am getting right into Batman: Arkham Asylum, but I'm also interested in getting stuff like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter, I loved those games on different platforms when I was younger.

So yeah, hopefully there's some fellow gamer nerds out there.

Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #2 
LeoTheLakerBetta

I try to limit myself on video games; I usually just play on the weekends. I am mostly just a PC gamer but not hardcore at all. I usually just get sucked in during sumemr break where I waste all day playing but when school starts, I make sure I drop it. Anyways, I just play online games, onyl the free ones a dn not all multiplayer games. But right now the game I am hooked on is Plazma Burst 2. It's pretty fun and you can make your own maps and stuff but since school started I havent played in a while...
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #3 
Viva

PC games, mostly FPS. Played ut2004 for 4-5 years and now play L4D2. I like RPG's like Skyrim but I quickly get bored of MMORPG's now. PC gaming has been my biggest hobby since age 14, and before that I played all types of console games too.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #4 
AngelicScars

Huge gaming family here. I'm console all the way, though my husband and 6 year old will play PC a little.
I'm really into Third and FPS. I also adore the Fable series and other style games.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #5 
deso

Sparrowhawk, have you played Guild Wars 2 yet? I'm having an absolute blast in it, since the player base is a lot more friendly and helpful that Diablo 3 (which I also played a lot of) and WoW. There is SO much to do in that game - PvE, PvP, World versus World, dungeons...the list goes on. I can see myself playing it for years to come.

My favourite genres are MMOs and RPGs, but I started out as a console gamer with the N64 and PlayStation, with mostly JRPGs. I've got really fond childhood memories of the Final Fantasy series, Zelda, and an obscure JRPG called Jade Cocoon. I played a lot of Oddworld and Command and Conquer Red Alert & Tiberian Sun on the PC as a kid, too, but now that my boyfriend and I have Macs, the choices are a bit more limited, even if we've Bootcamped them. The graphics card on Macs just can't compete with PC.

We've also got a PS3 and a Wii at home (we're playing Assassin's Creed 3, Skyrim, Darksiders 2, Dark Souls, El Shaddai and Mass Effect 3 at the mo, and since I'm a fan of the Hitman games, we may spring for the latest one), but neither of us care much for the Xbox. As stupid as it may sound, I really hate the design of the controller because it's simply too large for my small hands! But back to the PS3, the most impressive game I've played recently is Journey, a PSN download game. If you haven't tried it yet, please do, it's only a few hours long, but an incredible few hours it is.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #6 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by deso View Post
Sparrowhawk, have you played Guild Wars 2 yet? I'm having an absolute blast in it, since the player base is a lot more friendly and helpful that Diablo 3 (which I also played a lot of) and WoW. There is SO much to do in that game - PvE, PvP, World versus World, dungeons...the list goes on. I can see myself playing it for years to come.
I preordered GW2 and got a ranger up to level 75 and then got bored. I might try a new class though. PvP was really fun but I've always been pretty bad at it in every MMO i've played :(
Old 12-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #7 
deso

Viva, I haven't done PvP yet, but I've played a bit of WvW, which is also playing against other players, and I'm absolutely terrible at it, but it is a lot of fun. Most of the people in my guild play as rangers...it's supposed to be one of the best classes for WvW and PvP, but which class are you thinking of trying out?
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #8 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by deso View Post
Viva, I haven't done PvP yet, but I've played a bit of WvW, which is also playing against other players, and I'm absolutely terrible at it, but it is a lot of fun. Most of the people in my guild play as rangers...it's supposed to be one of the best classes for WvW and PvP, but which class are you thinking of trying out?
Idk maybe a mesmer or thief, not sure.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #9 
Sparrowhawk

Sorry for the late reply!

I haven't tried GW2 yet, I've been wanting to for some time. It's next on my games list, once this expensive holiday season is over. What you say about the community being better than other online games is really exciting! There's nothing I hate more about online gaming than logging on, wanting to chill out, then spending whatever free time you have to enjoy yourself getting trolled instead.

At the moment I'm hooked on Star Wars: The Old Republic. So glad it went free-to-play, once you reach the level cap on a MOBA game and aren't interested in competitive play it gets a little old (I like to play for enjoyment rather than to compete with others, though I'm going to have to eventually, my partner wants to start a ranked team, haha).
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote